7-3 at Bournemouth!! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

7-3 at Bournemouth!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
44 years ago today (yes I'm that old) I travelled to Bournemouth to watch the greens play Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic. The season before it was a terrible 0-0 draw (last game of the season from memory) Not this time, we were 5-0 up at half time, Bournemouth came back to 3-5 then Mariner hit them. 7-3. Met Michael Foot for the first time in a pub, my mate (Neil Young) got his autograph on Neil's Birth Certificate (don't ask). We knew after that we had a real team on our hands.

Wonderful days to be an Argyle fan.

:scarf:

May 8, 2011
IJN":2vhnd0u0 said:
43 years ago today (yes I'm that old) I travelled to Bournemouth to watch the greens play Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic. The season before it was a terrible 0-0 draw (last game of the season from memory) Not this time, we were 5-0 up at half time, Bournemouth came back to 3-5 then Mariner hit them. 7-3. Met Michael Foot for the first time in a pub, my mate (Neil Young) got his autograph on Neil's Birth Certificate (don't ask). We knew after that we had a real team on our hands.

Wonderful days to be an Argyle fan.

:scarf:

It was 1975 so 44 years ago and I along with thousands of others were queuing at Home Park for tickets for the Everton FA Cup match.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
In those days as it was before the inter web *( it'll never catch on) the score used to be put up in the window of the old announcers box in the BPE at reserve games.

It probably felt more drastic than it was but we watched as it wen 0-1, 0-2, 0-3 etc etc and the 1-5 2-5 3-5 before a very relieving 3-6 and finally 3-7.

At one point there were probably more people watching the announcers box than the reserves....

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
At that time we had one hell of a double act up front....I didn't go to that match but a few weeks later I remember going to Hereford who had had quite a good FA Cup run at the time and folks were saying that we would be happy to get a draw.We won 5-1 thanks once again to our deadly duo.Happy Days...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They pummelled us for about 70 minutes at the Heford game and we still spanked them!

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
This was one of my first away matches.
I remember about 20+ coaches being stopped by Police next to a wooded area on the edge of Bournemouth.
There were many relieved takers for a nice toilet stop.

What a game - to this day I've never seen us win so well after soaking up so much pressure.
Happy Days.

Sep 6, 2006
pafcprogs":g58w9nid said:
In those days as it was before the inter web *( it'll never catch on) the score used to be put up in the window of the old announcers box in the BPE at reserve games.

It probably felt more drastic than it was but we watched as it wen 0-1, 0-2, 0-3 etc etc and the 1-5 2-5 3-5 before a very relieving 3-6 and finally 3-7.

At one point there were probably more people watching the announcers box than the reserves....

I know some people who used to go to reserve games just to see the score updates! Not I, honest!

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I was at the game with a couple of mates we were guests of one of the sponsors Cannon I think , we were in the sponsors lounge more like a shack Dean court had had its day we met up with Nicky Jennings bought Nicky a few drinks he said he would meet us back in the lounge to by us a drink we are still waiting.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":gqivzum5 said:
My God! You've always been a Prawnee haven't you?

I don’t think they even had cheese sandwich.

Jan 28, 2005
HC Green":2m45plf1 said:
It was 1975 so 44 years ago and I along with thousands of others were queuing at Home Park for tickets for the Everton FA Cup match.

And I was selling them! My first day working in the offices of Plymouth Argyle. We banked £38,000 that day.

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
I was living in Swindon at the time and was unable to get to the match. So I went to watch Swindon who I think had recently been beaten by Bournemouth. At the end of half time the scores were put up on the board A; 0-4 (I think it was 4) the noise that rippled around the crowd like a 'Mexican wave' was quite amusing and luckily I managed to refrain from jumping up and down like a maniac. Bitterly regret not getting there, having seen a boring 0-0 there with Argyle in the late fifties. Saw the final score in a TV shop window on the way home.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Balham_Green":19vb9wob said:
pafcprogs":19vb9wob said:

I know some people who used to go to reserve games just to see the score updates! Not I, honest!

And to think Marconi sent radio signals from Cornwall across the Atlantic decades earlier. Makes you think about the dawn of technology on The Lizard!