Loan wages | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Loan wages

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I found out today that O’Keefe is on 11k a week, I ‘d really hope we’re not paying half of that.

Mar 8, 2016
No chance he’s on 11k a week. If he is then He’s in for a shock next season when he’s playing for Newport county on 500 pound a week.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
JannerinCardiff":1fl9pe73 said:
I found out today that O’Keefe is on 11k a week, I ‘d really hope we’re not paying half of that.
£572k per annum. Somebody is ‘whooshing’ you big time.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
No idea about the validity of this rumour but wouldn't surprise me if it was true. They signed him when in the Championship, and I'd be amazed if there wasn't a significant 'Promotion to Premier League' wage rise in his contract. So he could easily have been on 6-7k a week in the Championship with Cardiff, and that's a nothing wage for Championship clubs.

However, we could only be paying 10-20% of it. It's a guessing game really.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":1fqonjvc said:
JannerinCardiff":1fqonjvc said:
£572k per annum. Somebody is ‘whooshing’ you big time.
Fair enough, you’ve proved your source. I don’t know how reliable it is but it was reasonable to post it.

May 16, 2016
If true, proves that he's not interested in playing well for us, he's getting extremely well paid regardless, for a player in the latter stages of his career, what could be better than a paid run down with no real responsibilty for how a Teams Season pans out.

Also, more proof of just how out of touch with reality, Football at the higher levels is.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
From what I’ve seen of him he’d be pushed to warrant a tenth of that.

I just hope the deal was a cheap one just to keep him fit for a permanent move in January. Obviously not to us.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Tugboat":12j9hceo said:

I just hope the deal was a cheap one just to keep him fit for a permanent move in January. Obviously not to us.

Totally agree, if we’re paying half his wage he’s not worth it from what I can see. Right now he’s a bench player for us at best.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
JannerinCardiff":1ffrh114 said:
Tugboat":1ffrh114 said:

Totally agree, if we’re paying half his wage he’s not worth it from what I can see. Right now he’s a bench player for us at best.

Agree.

Oct 31, 2015
How the hell can this be right and why is this post in rumours?

I suppose that's championship wages but no way is he worth that. I wonder what we are paying towards that.

Scary thought for teams like us inching towards the championship (or not :) )

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
rsp4":2pripvz3 said:
How the hell can this be right and why is this post in rumours?

I suppose that's championship wages but no way is he worth that. I wonder what we are paying towards that.

Scary thought for teams like us inching towards the championship (or not :) )

Realistically I think 20% would be our contribution with the hope the player stays fit and moves away permanently in the transfer window

Jan 20, 2004
Capaldi reportedly was on £4k per week with Argyle and moved to Cardiff for £12k when we were both in the Championship in 2006.

Norris, who had just had a massive pay rise by Argyle, complained in an interview that Argyle should have 'looked after his mate' and he'd have stayed. There was a big debate on here at the time as some thought he was a lazy player and others thought we should have paid him more to keep him.

My thoughts at the time were how can Cardiff afford such wages when their crowds weren't much bigger than ours. To top it off we go bust a few years later even though we were supposedly prudent, with a debt of £12m

They are currently in debt for £85m that is underwritten by Vincent Tan.