Jason Banton | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jason Banton

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Now on loan at Truro :wtf:

Just 3 goals in his last 41 non league appearances (For Woking, Torquay, Dulwich Hamlet, St Albans and Truro)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It strikes me that there are a lot of ex-Argyle players now playing at Truro, not just Banton I just hope that City can keep their heads above water financially. Their now close association with Cornish Pirates R F C might be beneficial to them, but I do not think any real progress has been made in actually constructing the new stadium.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What a waste of talent

Oct 31, 2015
Tugboat":26cqrbeu said:
What a waste of talent

Agree. Didn't take his chances and is sliding through the pyramid.

His golden moment was probably with us fighting to stay in the league

Aug 11, 2013
Thought he had a lot to offer - look at some of the goals of his on YouTube.

A wasted talent. Where did it all go wrong ? Some serious flaw in there surely?

Mar 23, 2008
third earl of jean":2v72fvms said:
Shame, no doubt in my mind his performances were the difference between us staying in the league and dropping into the conference in 2012/13. Never the same player when he came back or again it seems.
Absolutely, we couldn't score for toffee and he came in and helped get us going. Downhill ever since for him, a real shame.

Sep 3, 2009
We would have gone down without his goals and performances in his first spell with us. Unquestionable talent. Think he then thought he'd arrived and would stroll into Palace's team.

Reactions: SurreyJanner
Jan 27, 2012
There seems to be a very fine margin between making it as a football league player and not making it. Put Banton in an Argyle shirt and I doubt he would look out of place. He's probably lacking in very slightly in one or two areas that a professionalfootball coach would notice but not the casual fan. His goals stopped Argyle from going out of the league that season so he will always be fondly remembered here,.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
He's been on a right merry go round this season so far in the Vanarama South!

Started the season transferring from Woking to Torquay, then went on loan to St Albans early on where I saw him come on against Dulwich Hamlet as a sub. Then he joined Dulwich Hamlet in December on loan for a few games where I saw him a few more times.

Now at Truro on loan, and guess what? They are away to Dulwich Hamlet on Saturday so I'll see him again!

I don't understand how it has got to this, as on his day he clearly has talent, but 15-20 clubs cannot be wrong.

(PS: He didn't particularly stand out for Hamlet in his loan spell).

Best away players I've seen this season in the Vanarama are probably Jamie Reid and Kalvin Kalala of TUFC and Jordan Parkes, Hemel Hempstead