Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Exactly what I think Stuart.

Initially he may have been caught in the euphoria of it, but after the hype died down, and he thought about it, he may have thought ‘nah - too much hassle’. Plus of course Mrs Felwick May have come into the equation.

The more I think about this, the more logical it is.

Also I think that the buck stops with the Chairman, and as majority shareholder, that’s the way it should be.

JB has done his bit, now it’s Simon’s turn.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i still have reservations about this.i wish mister felwick would say "the reasons are personal but i stress there has been no rift in the boardroom".i think something is "up" at argyle.i hope i am wrong.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":j8svxctb said:
Exactly what I think Stuart.

Initially he may have been caught in the euphoria of it, but after the hype died down, and he thought about it, he may have thought ‘nah - too much hassle’. Plus of course Mrs Felwick May have come into the equation.

The more I think about this, the more logical it is.

Also I think that the buck stops with the Chairman, and as majority shareholder, that’s the way it should be.

JB has done his bit, now it’s Simon’s turn.

In 12 months time people on this site will be clamouring for JB to return.

BIRA are you leader of the Russian spy organisation :shh:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
'Brent In Republican Army' mate. As there is apparently a 'BORA' I thought I'd create my own breakaway group. :lol:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":1d89f7q4 said:
'Brent In Republican Army' mate. As there is apparently a 'BORA' I thought I'd create my own breakaway group. :lol:
:lol: :clap:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pilgrim":3ctxfp70 said:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?

You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law

Nov 6, 2011
Quintrell_Green":3qrntvi6 said:
Pilgrim":3qrntvi6 said:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?

You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law

Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Pilgrim":3vspflxt said:
Quintrell_Green":3vspflxt said:
Pilgrim":3vspflxt said:

Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.

Its not, for me, so much about the dismissal. it's about recruitment. Football relies on networks I am not sure our Board has anybody on it with the connections to quickly bring in a manager to turn things around.

May 8, 2011
cheshiregreen":w722qx7c said:
Pilgrim":w722qx7c said:
Quintrell_Green":w722qx7c said:
Pilgrim":w722qx7c said:

Its not, for me, so much about the dismissal. it's about recruitment. Football relies on networks I am not sure our Board has anybody on it with the connections to quickly bring in a manager to turn things around.

It’s statements like this that makes me amazed how little people know about Argyle. Absolutely staggering.

Are you not aware of the career of Michael Dunford?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
HC Green":6umn6p6b said:
cheshiregreen":6umn6p6b said:
Pilgrim":6umn6p6b said:
Quintrell_Green":6umn6p6b said:
Pilgrim":6umn6p6b said:

It’s statements like this that makes me amazed how little people know about Argyle. Absolutely staggering.

Yes. His last 3 jobs were Crawley, Plymouth Albion and Chesterfield.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pilgrim":2wjnuplj said:
Quintrell_Green":2wjnuplj said:
Pilgrim":2wjnuplj said:

Nothing will happen until November.. might be an interesting month if we’re still bottom.

Much as I’d like DA to go there’s no point if there’s no one better to bring in as a replacement.. an open advert might not bring the right candidates.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
HC Green":zmwyjaqd said:
cheshiregreen":zmwyjaqd said:
Pilgrim":zmwyjaqd said:
Quintrell_Green":zmwyjaqd said:
Pilgrim":zmwyjaqd said:

As long as it is not the former Leeds UTD Chief Executive brought in acting as a consultant, i do not mind. Wasn't he dubbed 'The Riddler' ?