Manager sacking season well underway | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Manager sacking season well underway

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Dean Smith leaves 7th place Brentford to take over at 15th place Villa. I know Villa are a bigger club, but it's far from an easy job and I think Smith may live to regret that move.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Cobi Budge":1jgrwc8f said:
Dean Smith leaves 7th place Brentford to take over at 15th place Villa. I know Villa are a bigger club, but it's far from an easy job and I think Smith may live to regret that move.

This reminds me of Holloway leaving us for Leicester a bit, Villa are the bigger club but Brentford are more likely to be in the prem in the next couple of years.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":1j59oca6 said:
they are a bigger club and he is a life long villa fan.a really tough job for him.'twill be interesting how the dynamic works with john terry as his assistant.

Mar 8, 2016
He’s hardly likely to turn down the chance to manage a club like villa because Brentford are 7 places above in the league at this stage of the season. I think he’ll do well and certainly won’t regret it regardless of how things turn out. He may never get such an opportunity again. Will be interesting to see who Brentford get in as there next manager though.

Jan 20, 2004
The-Pilgrim":rgsm8d1r said:
Cobi Budge":rgsm8d1r said:

This reminds me of Holloway leaving us for Leicester a bit, Villa are the bigger club but Brentford are more likely to be in the prem in the next couple of years.

And look where we are compared to Leicester now.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Mike E":3j9i71l3 said:
The-Pilgrim":3j9i71l3 said:
Cobi Budge":3j9i71l3 said:

And look where we are compared to Leicester now.

No thanks to Holloway, on either count!!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Paul Hurst sacked by Ipswich.

Word is that Paul Lambert is favourite to take over. Ex Canaries boss that will be popular.

A

andyr1963

cheshiregreen":1x240p63 said:
Saw Villa at Home Park in 1970s when they dropped into the 3rd tier. We beat them 3-2 ,but from memory they only stayed down there a season. (Waits for someone to correct him :))

Yep First time I saw a fight at Argyle. :shock:
They tried to take the Demport :crazy: and failed if I remember correctly. :lol: 1971-72 Just looked it up

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more Premier League sackings soon. There are so many dreadful teams this season who all richly deserve to be relegated (Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton, Fulham and Crystal Palace to name just five), it seems slightly unfair that at least two of bthem will get to stay up. The idea of every team that gets less than 38 points should get relegated definitely has its appeal.