Manager sacking season well underway | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Manager sacking season well underway

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mike E":1wrgsogl said:
I was really p#ssed off with Argyle that night. We get relegated as Newcastle get promoted and our club plays "We are the champions" for their fans to have a party rubbing our noses in it.

I was there that night and I remember admirimg the class that Argyle were showing.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":119i6q56 said:
Mike E":119i6q56 said:
I was really p#ssed off with Argyle that night. We get relegated as Newcastle get promoted and our club plays "We are the champions" for their fans to have a party rubbing our noses in it.

I was there that night and I remember admirimg the class that Argyle were showing.

It was a PR calamity. It had been a miserable season from start to finish, and we decided to end the season by trying to help Newcastle celebrate after we'd just been relegated. It was clear that everything was beginning to unravel, it was just so inappropriate to try to suck up to the big boys while the club was about to fall apart.

Apr 12, 2016
To be honest I didn't have a problem with it. We knew we were going down at some point and it just coincided with their success. We got a lot of kudos from the Geordies for showing a bit of class.

Since I Was 33":8s2nf803 said:
To be honest I didn't have a problem with it. We knew we were going down at some point and it just coincided with their success. We got a lot of kudos from the Geordies for showing a bit of class.

Wonderful. So long as big-club Newcastle are happy, our own fans can go and do one.

That was just another in a long, long line of screw ups by Argyle at that point in our history.

Lundan Cabbie":1rlo33d2 said:
Mike E":1rlo33d2 said:

That's because you don't have green blood. Could you see Palace doing that when they drop into the 3rd division as Sunderland stuff you to get promoted?

If you even think about saying yes then I would suggest you are a fibby-wibby teller.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
It wasn't class it was an error of judgment. If Argyle had finished mid-table it might have been different but it shouldn't have been done in the circumstances.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":14wy4mwg said:
Lundan Cabbie":14wy4mwg said:
Mike E":14wy4mwg said:

That's because you don't have green blood. Could you see Palace doing that when they drop into the 3rd division as Sunderland stuff you to get promoted?

If you even think about saying yes then I would suggest you are a fibby-wibby teller.

I can't disagree with that but I can only point out how it looked from someone who didn't have the emotional interest.

We all chase the same prize and I believe in applauding the winners despite the pain of it not being your own team. I hate the trend these days that at the FA Cup final, half the stadium is empty by the time the trophy is presented. In 2016 when we lost to Man U, I stayed for the trophy. It's called respect.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
And replaced with Keith Curle.

All downhill for the Cobblers since Wilder left after steering them to the title.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Bad 24 hours for Steve Bruce

Attacked by a cabbage, saw his side blow a 2 goal lead then miss a late penalty to win the game.

And now sacked..

Apr 5, 2008
Villa still think they are a big club like in the 80s.long gone.

Bruce didn’t do particular well,still he will get a big pay off and find another job,so doubt he cares.

Football management the only job you get rewarded for failure.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Saw Villa at Home Park in 1970s when they dropped into the 3rd tier. We beat them 3-2 ,but from memory they only stayed down there a season. (Waits for someone to correct him :))