JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
andyr1963":3qjk3moe said:
JannerinCardiff":3qjk3moe said:
Willis88":3qjk3moe said:
The funds were never available to the team. They were put into the club for the sole purpose of the grandstand.

Not true. Adams has stated himself that he now has a top ten budget for this season so if his signings are poor he’s only got himself to blame.

I have not come across that claim before. :shock: When did he say that?

It was in the Herald probably I think just before the season started and I think I remember to do with an article about signings.

May 8, 2011
Shankster":v4d0a1lu said:
The club’s player policy enables them to get rid of managers with little or no risk.

The incumbent has commited players to short term contracts with no outlay in transfer fees, that allows the incoming manager to start fairly fresh and not be too concerned

Degsy May have a long contract but he won’t be entitled to, nor will he receive, the full amount

Yes he will as will Wotton and Nancekivell on their new 2 year contracts.

Oct 16, 2016
HC Green":bcqhczsc said:
Shankster":bcqhczsc said:
The club’s player policy enables them to get rid of managers with little or no risk.

The incumbent has commited players to short term contracts with no outlay in transfer fees, that allows the incoming manager to start fairly fresh and not be too concerned

Degsy May have a long contract but he won’t be entitled to, nor will he receive, the full amount

No biggie

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":28q83ylr said:
Shankster":28q83ylr said:

I was listening to Mick McCarthy not so long ago and, according to him, a long contract means nothing to the manager. There'll be a clause in there with a set amount as pay off depending on the length left. The long contract is to protect the club if the manager is ever poached away.

Oct 16, 2016
Keepitgreen":3iq56hf8 said:
HC Green":3iq56hf8 said:
Shankster":3iq56hf8 said:

I was listening to Mick McCarthy not so long ago and, according to him, a long contract means nothing to the manager. There'll be a clause in there with a set amount as pay off depending on the length left. The long contract is to protect the club if the manager is ever poached away.

I thank you

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Keepitgreen":1j1c33z2 said:
HC Green":1j1c33z2 said:
Shankster":1j1c33z2 said:

that makes it perfectly clear.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Keepitgreen":3iajfww1 said:
HC Green":3iajfww1 said:
Shankster":3iajfww1 said:

Why would a manager tie themselves to a long contract that doesn’t actually give them security then? It doesn’t make sense. DA would not sign a five year contract if it wasn’t to the benefit of him in doing so.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Daz":3d53wp03 said:
Keepitgreen":3d53wp03 said:
HC Green":3d53wp03 said:
Shankster":3d53wp03 said:

Why would a manager tie themselves to a long contract that doesn’t actually give them security then? It doesn’t make sense. DA would not sign a five year contract if it wasn’t to the benefit of him in doing so.
You'll have to ask Mick McCarthy that.

May 8, 2011
Keepitgreen":axp3pvcw said:
Daz":axp3pvcw said:
Keepitgreen":axp3pvcw said:
HC Green":axp3pvcw said:
Shankster":axp3pvcw said:

A set amount based on the number of years left, like 4.5 times your annual salary, plus paying off all the backroom staff that makes up team Adams.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Argyle don't need to face paying off a lump sum. There is a staged approach that wouldn't cost a vast amount but still would cost a lot:

1) pay review athe the club for all staff. The result of which is that anyone with "head of" in their title needs a significant pay cut.

2) Tell Adams he will still be paid his salary but he no longer needs to come to work. He also will not be expected to apply for other jobs.

3) Appoint a manager who knows what he's doing.

Derek will either sit and twiddle, re-negotiate so he can find other employment or agree to quit (mutual terminatiob).

There are ways and means.

May 16, 2016
Is it only Football or does anybody in the real world believe someone would have a long contract fully paid up for not doing what they were paid to do initially ?

Football, I often read, is a results business, so if the manager isn't, or looks likely not to achieve those results, he's entitled to full pay for the rest of his failed target contract ?

Other than a ST, I'm glad it's not my money everyone spends.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Keepitgreen":3j3ue172 said:
Daz":3j3ue172 said:
Keepitgreen":3j3ue172 said:
HC Green":3j3ue172 said:
Shankster":3j3ue172 said:

How would McCarthy know the details of our manager’s contract?

I am sure there are clauses that would enable both parties to terminate the contract but, based on what we know of James Brent and Derek Adams, the club and the manager will have both looked after their interests.

Another thread, like last season’s, that is unnecessary and unwanted at this early stage of the season.

Sep 6, 2006
Any way you look at it it's hypocrisy on Adams part. Ties his players to short term contracts so we often lose good players but gets himself a nicE comfortable one.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":2zywcuqv said:
Any way you look at it it's hypocrisy on Adams part. Ties his players to short term contracts so we often lose good players but gets himself a nicE comfortable one.
he was offered a contract balham.