Paying off his contract | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Paying off his contract

Fair bit of knee jerk going on here. We've been here before guys. Getting shot of a manager who has taken us further each season is not a good idea. He WILL turn it around when the right combo is found..we're not far off it. He's made some strange signings..we need to have the threat of Taylor and the speed of Ladapo up front, yes 442. He's stubborn but we need to stick with him, he is a good manager and I don't see what a new manager would bring to the current squad. Probably split it and start again which would set us back another year or so..
Don't know the answer to the current goal drought but I reckon having Ladapo and Taylor together in front of Carey and Ruben, bit off pace on the wings..Wylde and Joel Grant. Back 4.. it isn't working at present...Edwards and Canavan CB and Moore and Sawyer taking normal positions...Songo'o has stood out for me so he'd be in the mix and probably Fox to plug the last place in midfield..

Gotta give it a try surely...Macey is a half decent keeper but needs protection from his CB's

Anyway that's my tuppence worth...Let's not give up on them just yet!! lot of football to be played..just need a win/goal from somewhere

Sep 6, 2006
Guess you wouldn't make a manager. You can't even choose the right number of players for a team which goes to confirm rest of post is not credible either.

Laido":1f0u0ca6 said:
Balham_Green":1f0u0ca6 said:
Laido":1f0u0ca6 said:
Fair bit of knee jerk going on here. We've been here before guys. Getting shot of a manager who has taken us further each season is not a good idea. He WILL turn it around when the right combo is found..we're not far off it. He's made some strange signings..we need to have the threat of Taylor and the speed of Ladapo up front, yes 442. He's stubborn but we need to stick with him, he is a good manager and I don't see what a new manager would bring to the current squad. Probably split it and start again which would set us back another year or so..
Don't know the answer to the current goal drought but I reckon having Ladapo and Taylor together in front of Carey and Ruben, bit off pace on the wings..Wylde and Joel Grant. Back 4.. it isn't working at present...Edwards and Canavan CB and Moore and Sawyer taking normal positions...Songo'o has stood out for me so he'd be in the mix and probably Fox to plug the last place in midfield..

Gotta give it a try surely...Macey is a half decent keeper but needs protection from his CB's

Anyway that's my tuppence worth...Let's not give up on them just yet!! lot of football to be played..just need a win/goal from somewhere
Basically my team would be
Macey
Moore, Canavan, Edwards, Sawyer
j Grant, Lamerias, Carey, Wylde
Taylor, Ladapo

Guess you wouldn't make a manager. You can't even choose the right number of players for a team which goes to confirm rest of post is not credible either.

LOL Oh yeah 13 players..
gotta give us a chance..as for your comment on not being credible..its all about opinions pal!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Willis88":3kg25vfp said:
The funds were never available to the team. They were put into the club for the sole purpose of the grandstand.

Not true. Adams has stated himself that he now has a top ten budget for this season so if his signings are poor he’s only got himself to blame.

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
up_the_line":111cc9t1 said:
Since I Was 33":111cc9t1 said:
Hull City, Bolton, Swansea, Reading and you could probably pick a few others were all clubs that built new stadiums or re-developed the old ones when they were low in the leagues. I'm sure their fans complained in the same way about money spent on development but in all those cases the clubs were playing in the top level within a few years. At the end of the day you have to speculate to accumulate.
Quite frankly the Grandstand was a dilapidated eye sore that restricted the amount of non-match day income the club can make so that will from next season come to an end. Some of the photos on GOS show just how much we needed to sort it out and now, not later.

To try to compare the cobbled together retro fit of the Mayflower with any of the stadiums you refer to is frankly quite amusing. In all those cases those clubs actually increased their capacity, probably to accommodate the extra fans their improved football would generate. In ours we are reducing it. As far as statements of intent go that tells me everything I need to know about where our football club sees itself

I get your point about the clubs vision for the future, really i do.

But, Let me ask you if you recall our flirt with the top end of the championship all those years ago.

Even when we hit the highest position of 4th, the crowds were barely reaching 17,000. So what’s the point in a 30-40,000 capacity stadium, on the off chance we make the Premiership one day, just to have it half empty.

I’d rather have a small compact full stadium than a nice big shiny super expensive massively over capacitied one.

Think Bournemouth, not Tottenham, Man City et al........

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
JannerinCardiff":1cydr7vo said:
Willis88":1cydr7vo said:
The funds were never available to the team. They were put into the club for the sole purpose of the grandstand.

Not true. Adams has stated himself that he now has a top ten budget for this season so if his signings are poor he’s only got himself to blame.

I was replying to a post where someone stated they shouldn't be wasting the funds on the refurb but put it into the team.

Nothing to do with budget.

I cant remember Adams saying top 10 though

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It’s not about about budget.

It’s about having a cohesive core squad of players. Disciplined and pivotal to the cause. A spine of the team that know what’s involved each season and understand the club and it’s style. A real direction and drive individually and collectively.

Obviously we don’t have that because we scrap everything each season and try and start over which negate any team cohesion, any squad harmony and any real sense of belonging.

The current crop bar 1 or 2 are here solely for the pay cheque and everything else is secondary.

In Adams we hold responsible I’m afraid.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Centre Circle":33369me2 said:
It isn’t and never was a case of stand vs. squad.

The money injected for the redevelopment is tantamount to a gift, given the repayment plan. I didn’t see a queue of others willing to do the same. The work is badly needed and will be a benefit in the future.

A terrible start doesn’t change that. Bashing the board for not binning Adams is a perfectly fair opinion in these circumstances. Bashing them for improving the facilities really isn’t.
:clap:

A

andyr1963

JannerinCardiff":3n3dbvwe said:
Willis88":3n3dbvwe said:

I have not come across that claim before. :shock: When did he say that?

Oct 16, 2016
It’s interesting that the defence for Degsy is that ‘last season was fantastic, particularly from the run’

With all due respect, b*******, the end of the season was shocking. The form at present is a continuation from last season

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'm not sure why people seem to have forgotten the end to last season, in our last seven games, we only won twice (both wins thanks to dodgy late penalties), scoring 7 goals and conceding 12.

There's no sudden difference in form between last season and this season.

Oct 16, 2016
The club’s player policy enables them to get rid of managers with little or no risk.

The incumbent has commited players to short term contracts with no outlay in transfer fees, that allows the incoming manager to start fairly fresh and not be too concerned

Degsy May have a long contract but he won’t be entitled to, nor will he receive, the full amount