Centre Back issue... (merged) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Centre Back issue... (merged)

Aug 11, 2013
Argy1e":3slvoij4 said:
rdr123":3slvoij4 said:
Balham_Green":3slvoij4 said:
WOOTON Has a good pedigree but then had a serious injury ACL. Perhaps not the same player. Regular in MK Dons relegated team!
CAN AVAN Released by Rochdale having played very few games last season. Hill is a good manager who rarely gets it wrong.
GRANT Released by Falkirk. Way below our level.
Need I say more.

There's a good reason why none of these players were in the starting 11 yesterday. Basically we've signed rubbish players!
Worth mentioning the main reason Canavan barely played is actually because he was out injured for most of the season.

Had extensive surgery to reconstruct his lateral ligament. His ankle was basically ruined. Even if you recover physically, I’d say psychologically you’re going to be a more cautious player and incapable of ever being quite the same?

Mar 16, 2009
London
Balham_Green":3swa1u8d said:
WOOTON Has a good pedigree but then had a serious injury ACL. Perhaps not the same player. Regular in MK Dons relegated team!
CAN AVAN Released by Rochdale having played very few games last season. Hill is a good manager who rarely gets it wrong.
Need I say more.

Who says Hill is a good manager?

Playing in a relegation team does not make you a bad player.

Being ‘released’ has become a euphemism but can mean all sorts of things. You just choose to focus on the negative ones.

Sep 6, 2006
Justin":25trlk8g said:
Balham_Green":25trlk8g said:
Need I say more.

Being ‘released’ has become a euphemism but can mean all sorts of things. You just choose to focus on the negative ones.

I say he's a good manager. How many manager's do well at Rochdale and get them up keep them at this level with a small budget?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It's a tough situation.

Wooton - Good pedigree but in a relegated team last season and wasn't rated at all by their fans, so far for us I think he's looked weak, slow & his positional sense poor.

Edwards - Unpopular thing to say, but I think he's definitely overrated, he's good at winning aerial battles but his positional sense is (like Wooton's) poor and his distribution is Guy Branston-esc.

Canavan - Thought he put in good performances against Coventry & Wycombe, I also hear he played well against Bristol. I'm not saying he's been anything special, but better than the two above.

Grant - We know nothing about him, but considering how poorly we've been defending, he can't be doing brilliantly in training considering he can't even get a place in the squad.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Balham_Green":2lbcpusi said:
Justin":2lbcpusi said:
Balham_Green":2lbcpusi said:
Need I say more.

I say he's a good manager. How many manager's do well at Rochdale and get them up keep them at this level with a small budget?

Do you think Adams is a good manager?

Oct 24, 2010
I missed the Peterborough game but up to that point our central defenders (Wootton, Canavan and Edwards) were doing well. We only conceded five goals in the first five games, three of which were penalties and one a free kick outside the box. In the Wycombe and Bristol City games Wootton and Canavan were very impressive as a partnership; we did a lot of defending in both games but looked solid and only conceded one goal. It seems crazy to write them off after one dodgy game against Peterborough. Adams sourced and brought these players to the club so he should show faith in his own judgement and in the players he signed and not discard them after one poor performance (which couldn’t have been that poor considering we only gave up eleven attempts on our goal).

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wootton was run silly & bullied by both Wycombe & Southend. He's definitely not a starter for me despite his past CV.

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":2ax0lbj5 said:
I missed the Peterborough game but up to that point our central defenders (Wootton, Canavan and Edwards) were doing well. We only conceded five goals in the first five games, three of which were penalties and one a free kick outside the box. In the Wycombe and Bristol City games Wootton and Canavan were very impressive as a partnership; we did a lot of defending in both games but looked solid and only conceded one goal. It seems crazy to write them off after one dodgy game against Peterborough. Adams sourced and brought these players to the club so he should show faith in his own judgement and in the players he signed and not discard them after one poor performance (which couldn’t have been that poor considering we only gave up eleven attempts on our goal).

Yes wasn't poor just the lucky five goals. Plus a couple of sitters they missed. Unbelievable some of the nonsense on here.

Oct 24, 2010
Cobi Budge":2lwhota2 said:
Wootton was run silly & bullied by both Wycombe & Southend. He's definitely not a starter for me despite his past CV.
We only conceded two goals in those games, one a very soft penalty. The Edwards/Sawyer pairing has conceded six in two games.

Oct 24, 2010
Balham_Green":etrzg4tq said:
esmer":etrzg4tq said:

Yes wasn't poor just the lucky five goals. Plus a couple of sitters they missed. Unbelievable some of the nonsense on here.
A large proportion of it posted by you.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Balham_Green":21xsnzif said:
esmer":21xsnzif said:

Nonsense? Does that include denigrating Adams’ consistent achievements in management as ‘lucky’?

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":3gjtwriu said:
esmer":3gjtwriu said:

Just the lucky 87 points in League Two using the same logic.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":hi60fyc4 said:
Balham_Green":hi60fyc4 said:
esmer":hi60fyc4 said:

K

Just the lucky 87 points in League Two using the same logic.

What on earth has that logic got to do with letting in 5 v Posh? Totally bizarre.