Selection for Ashton Gate? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Selection for Ashton Gate?

Sep 6, 2006
1. Obviously Bristol City are much better than us. Does that need explaining?
2. Playing Wylde and Joel Grant will not improve us.

More to the point can you advise why we are going to win. As you say the game is being played next Tuesday.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
bristol city are better than us because they play in a higher division,i agree.you do not know that playing wylde or joel grant will not improve us,that is your opinion against my opinion.the game is being played on tuesday 11 versus 11 and will be a result on the night and i happen to think we will win.if the players and management had your mindset they might as well concede the match!anything can happen on the night.

Apr 5, 2008
Tony_Flags":2rsqwbjs said:
moles40":2rsqwbjs said:
Nice to see the negativty continue in this thread.Lets write of the game before its started.

Odd that. It must be something to do with the Yeovil, Walsall and Southend performances.

So the team is never going to get better throughout the season.Hope you don’t do motivational speeches anytime :lol:

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":1nzf4gpk said:
bristol city are better than us because they play in a higher division,i agree.you do not know that playing wylde or joel grant will not improve us,that is your opinion against my opinion.the game is being played on tuesday 11 versus 11 and will be a result on the night and i happen to think we will win.if the players and management had your mindset they might as well concede the match!anything can happen on the night.

But you haven't come up with a reasoned argument why we should beat a higher league team using peripheral players who have disappointed in the recent past.Just a load of nonsense of 11 v 11.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
My Bristol City friends tell me they are not as good as last year.

Of course, nor are we on the evidence to date.

They should win, home advantage as well but not the 5-0 stuffing of last year.

Fingers crossed.

Mar 14, 2009
Away from home it’s time to drop the Carey/Lameiras combination. In the current formation, even last season it simply didn’t score us enough goals.

It’s also time to try something different in the centre of the park. Fox, C Grant and Ness needs to be broken up.

Personally, l would put C Grant higher up the pitch. I’d play a 4-2-3-1. I’d give Cooper and Sawyer a run out. I’d try a new CB but keep playing Edwards.

In Midfield l want to win the ball back. At the moment we don’t have that type of midfielder so ld play Songo and put him alongside Ness as he is the most aggressive midfielder we have who’s fit. I would of played Sarcevic but it’s too early for him.

In the central advanced areas I would play Carey and C Grant. I would play Taylor deeper as he is too far away from the rest of the team when he leads the line. Would tell Carey and C Grant to get as near as him as possible because the ball will stick to Taylor. Now it guves the opposition two headaches. Do we press up the pitch to cut out the supply to Taylor? Do we sit back deeper to not allow the pace of Ladapo in behind us?

Gk Cooper
Rb Moore
Lb Sawyer
CB Canavan
CB Edwards

CDM Songo
CDM Ness

CAM Carey
CAM C Grant

CF Taylor

ST Ladapo

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I definitely wouldn't make a lot of changes.

It's pretty obvious the team still need time to gel and find some rhythm, the only way they'll do that is with game time. It's also only the third game of season so nobody should really be in need of a rest yet.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I would make wholesale changes.Give the fringe players a game and see what they can do.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oddball":aqblrhhl said:
I would make wholesale changes.Give the fringe players a game and see what they can do.

We made wholesale changes last season and got battered 5 0 in one of the worst displays I've ever seen from an Argyle side, and the only thing we learnt from that game was surely not to make wholesale changes, pretty sure even Adams said he'd made a mistake.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
moles40":13zmvatu said:
Tony_Flags":13zmvatu said:
moles40":13zmvatu said:
Nice to see the negativty continue in this thread.Lets write of the game before its started.

Odd that. It must be something to do with the Yeovil, Walsall and Southend performances.

So the team is never going to get better throughout the season.Hope you don’t do motivational speeches anytime :lol:

That’s for me to know. I could be anything or anyone. Fly like a turtle and sting like a walrus.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Cobi Budge":b9oyrd95 said:
oddball":b9oyrd95 said:

We made wholesale changes last season and got battered 5 0 in one of the worst displays I've ever seen from an Argyle side, and the only thing we learnt from that game was surely not to make wholesale changes, pretty sure even Adams said he'd made a mistake.
Haven't made a great start to the season though have we.Twenty four players in the squad,time to see what they can do or do you advocate that they sit in the stand every week.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
cheshiregreen":3dazchtg said:
Well what to do after the showing against Southend?

Stick or twist? Give the team more time to familiarise or give some others a run?

Given our record in the competition I would make a few but not wholesale changes.

Macey

Moore
P Grant
Canavan
Smith-Brown

Songo'o

C Grant
Ness
Carey
J Grant

Lapado

My team would be;

Letheren

Moore
Sawyer
Canavan
Edwards

Songo’o

Ness
C.Grant

Wylde
Taylor
Carey

Dec 3, 2005
Adams does not know his best team yet - that is obvious - this is a chance for him to try other options - might as well use that chance. After all the sooner we sort things out the better.
And persevering with the same team/tactics is a sign of stubbornness, he has signed players for the squad, so he must think all of them offer something, so try them, give them a chance. There are always players that come into the team - due to injuries and become the backbone of the team.
I say make some changes, try things out in a competitive game.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3actnwqx said:

Well done Steve! Enjoy the moment! Have you got the lottery numbers?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":1q25gliq said:
Steve Evans":1q25gliq said:

Well done Steve! Enjoy the moment! Have you got the lottery numbers?
morning balham.great result.stopped gambling some years ago mate after suffering too many losses. :facepalm: only one winner in the gambling world.take care.