Are all footballers dull in the head? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Are all footballers dull in the head?

Oct 31, 2015
How on earyh do pro footballers end up so dull in their lead trade?

We were given a pen today which never was or at least dubious by the lino.

The ref will hardly change his mind once the lino says he saw contact but in his head he knows he didnt see a pen.

Thsnk you we go 1 nil up ( nice pen by Carey) now all of us where I sit in the Demport are saying dont give the ref an excuse down the other end because he will give something to southend.
On top of thst we all watched the world cup where refs are handing out pens for cuddling players at set peaces.

None of this is rocket science we see it all time and we are not pro footballers. Whst happens? We cuddle one of their players to the ground (Taylor I think) and give the rec the excuse he was looking for.

These are pro footballers who do this day in day out and get paid lots to do it. Do none have a brain!!!!!!

Saying all that didnt deserve anything today from the game but things like this get on my goat from so called professionals!!!

Oct 14, 2015
As are managers. Adams and Powell brought embarrassment to themselves and respective clubs today. Two experience pros getting involved in a pushing match like two schoolboys. Rather pathetic. Both will get themselves touchline bans??

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":1w1hr04j said:
As are managers. Adams and Powell brought embarrassment to themselves and respective clubs today. Two experience pros getting involved in a pushing match like two schoolboys. Rather pathetic. Both will get themselves touchline bans??

They said on the radio that a red counts until the end of the match and it’s about 4 that gets a ban. They didn’t sound too sure about it, though.

Feb 27, 2011
United Kingdom
rsp4":sbjoi8y1 said:

The ref will hardly change his mind once the lino says he saw contact but in his head he knows he didnt see a pen.

Thsnk you we go 1 nil up ( nice pen by Carey) now all of us where I sit in the Demport are saying dont give the ref an excuse down the other end because he will give something to southend.
On top of thst we all watched the world cup where refs are handing out pens for cuddling players at set peaces.

None of this is rocket science we see it all time and we are not pro footballers. Whst happens? We cuddle one of their players to the ground (Taylor I think) and give the rec the excuse he was looking for.

These are pro footballers who do this day in day out and get paid lots to do it. Do none have a brain!!!!!!

Saying all that didnt deserve anything today from the game but things like this get on my goat from so called professionals!!!
It was a Penalty took his leg away very clear from block 7 Lyndhurst

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
rsp4":38nsmf2z said:

I know there's just no need to do it, I've always thought that and in the WC it was ridiculous as well.
You can get close to an opposition player without hugging them.
Plus by hugging them you are unable to clear the ball/head the ball away which is another reason to not do it.

Aug 3, 2017
I actually think the Southend lad was smart at their penalty. They created a clear line of sight to the guy for the red, he stopped his run dead so Taylor bumped him and went down like a sack of spuds.

When players remonstrate with officials they know they won’t change the decision; they do however hope to sow seeds of doubt for future decisions in the game. They also want to create time to increase pressure on the penalty taker and allow people to pick up their markers for potential rebounds.

Oct 31, 2015
Balham_Green":2v13iu12 said:
All very simplistic. So you think defenders just 'hug' for a laugh?

Not simplistic at all Balham :banghead:

You saw in the world cup how refs were picking up on it so it makes sense that all refs will be doing the same. No need to hug at all defenders never used to

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Until the message comes from the top (the FA) that insists referees come down hard on offenders then it will continue, the same as all the other moves that are intended to con referees, diving , rolling around feigning injury etc. If players are allowed to go unpunished, it will flourish and grow.