New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep and whilst I'd still love one, that idiot's tenure was the worst I can remember.

Great side though. :greensmile:

Jul 25, 2011
I always hoped that would prove to be our lowest ebb but we somehow contrived to make those days look positively halcyon.

Jul 25, 2011
IJN":7ve4gj5r said:
Yep, we can thank Todd and Kagami for that!
On the subject of sugar daddies would you take a Vincent Tan or that Idiot at Hull who’d want us to play in lucky red and change ‘lousy’ Argyle to stealers or some such nonsense in exchange for the promised land? I wouldn’t but I know plenty who would.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Dan McAuley was fair game for all kinds of abuse despite finding a big fat wedge of cash for the Shilton team then the Warnock team. He kept the club afloat over and over when crowds were sub par.
But he was fair game for all kinds of abuse.
When the time came where he felt he couldnt do anything further he sold. He didn't have any charm, he was abrasive, he didn't have the 'gift of the gab', he said ridiculous things, but he threw his wallet open time and time again to prop up the club.
I don't know if the Internet or message boards like this were in existence back then, perhaps it was, but I wonder if anyone came to 'fat Dan's' defence. I seem to recall nooses being held up...but that was when people could still occupy the Mayflower.

Jul 25, 2011
up_the_line":dbhrke0u said:
Dan McAuley was fair game for all kinds of abuse despite finding a big fat wedge of cash for the Shilton team then the Warnock team. He kept the club afloat over and over when crowds were sub par.
When the time came where he felt he couldnt do anything further he sold. He didn't have any charm, he was abrasive, he didn't have the 'gift of the gab', he said ridiculous things, but he threw his wallet open time and time again to prop up the club.
I don't know if the Internet existed back then, perhaps it was, but I wonder if anyone came to 'fat Dan's' defence. I seem to recall nooses being held up...but that was when people could still occupy the Mayflower.
A more decisive case of ‘fur coat and no knickers’ it’s harder to imagine. If only he wasn’t so pig headed although that’s almost certainly what made him successful in the first place. Ah, the damned irony.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
with-menace":1ozxim5r said:
IJN":1ozxim5r said:
On the subject of sugar daddies would you take a Vincent Tan or that Idiot at Hull who’d want us to play in lucky red and change ‘lousy’ Argyle to stealers or some such nonsense in exchange for the promised land? I wouldn’t but I know plenty who would.

It's a hard one to answer really. At 64 years old, I'd love to see us buy players for £10m.

I think JB's sustainable idea is admirable and to be admired, but I'd love to see us go bat sh*t crazy. :greensmile:

Jul 25, 2011
IJN":2kv5tf1e said:
with-menace":2kv5tf1e said:
IJN":2kv5tf1e said:

It's a hard one to answer really. At 64 years old, I'd love to see us buy players for £10m.

I think JB's sustainable idea is admirable and to be admired, but I'd love to see us go bat sh*t crazy. :greensmile:
Do I hear a soul for sale?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not really, just dreaming.

Hull did it, Cardiff did it, even Burnley did it.

Just envious.

May 22, 2006
up_the_line":28fyg112 said:
I don't know if the Internet existed back then, perhaps it was, but I wonder if anyone came to 'fat Dan's' defence. I seem to recall nooses being held up...but that was when people could still occupy the Mayflower.

It wasn't completely one way traffic. He doesn't post here any more but some guy called (if memory serves) Babararacucudada wrote an interesting blog on MacAuley's tenure. He argued very cogently about all the positives. It may still be online somewhere.

McAuley's (I've spelt it both ways because I can't remember) problem was his ego. This is the man who thought the Evening Herald were enough of a threat to warrant a stadium ban. Not the worst chairman we've ever had (hello Roy) but far more Trump than Obama in his disposition. His heart was in the right place, I guess. Despite all the threats to do so, he would never have sold us down the river.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Ham Green":2kk7nvm5 said:
It wasn't completely one way traffic. He doesn't post here any more but some guy called (if memory serves) Babararacucudada wrote an interesting blog on MacAuley's tenure. He argued very cogently about all the positives. It may still be online somewhere.

McAuley's (I've spelt it both ways because I can't remember) problem was his ego. This is the man who thought the Evening Herald were enough of a threat to warrant a stadium ban. Not the worst chairman we've ever had (hello Roy) but far more Trump than Obama in his disposition. His heart was in the right place, I guess. Despite all the threats to do so, he would never have sold us down the river.

A quick Google comes up with this:

http://babararacucudada.blogspot.com/20 ... years.html

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In a former life I interviewed Dan McCauley back in 2010. I think he got some bad press and a shame his wife received some abuse.

I think he was just too stubborn for his own good while he was chairman.

Link.