New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Hmm. Modular building. That will make everything prefab.

It's not what most people think either. The word prefab around Plymouth has the connotations of the old houses build after the war that were still in use 50-60 years after they were supposed to be removed.

Now a days a prefabricated building is a modular building with the modules, not just parts, being built off-site.

If you came up this way for the play-off final and travelled in from Uxbridge you may have noticed the 7 story premier inn in the bus station (just outside the underground), you may have even stayed there. That whole building is a modular design. Basically each room was a module (think of a 40ft container) that they lifted into place around a steel framework and connected the services to. The brick covering is simply that, an outside rendering.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
09:32 on Wed 11/7/18

There is somebody in the bottom right on Webcam 1 taking photographs. Hopefully it is for the Argyle Blog or for GoS.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lots of activity at the shop/ticket office site on the webcam, are we awaiting the arrival of the modular units today?

And it’s been almost a month since the last development blog, I assume there HAS been a delay of some sort on the main stand?

Aug 5, 2015
Forgive if I’m wrong but I thought the grandstand refurb was always intended to be completed between the end of this season and the start of next season. I know that’s not urgent enough for some people. Tough.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
rsp4":1nhuq0m1 said:
For the record I am dissapointed with the control room abd hope the rest of the build is better quality. BUT it is only the control room.

I think the point has been made somewhere that when the corners are filled in the control room will have to be relocated anyway, so there's little point in making it a substantial and permanent building when the likelihood (hopefully) is that it will not be there for too long.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
rsp4":2cxkvh2e said:
Kentishgreen":2cxkvh2e said:
I think some people have an over exaggerated level of expectation and are in severe need of a reality check.
Firstly what company, private or public, anywhere in the world provides its shareholders and any other interested parties with a blow by blow account of its day to day activities? Most of us are not shareholders or have any financial link with PAFC. Therefore we are not entitled to know anything and the club doesn’t need to tell us anything.
The unfortunate side effect is that this creates a vacuum in which rumours abound. This weeks rumours include -

there is no finance
Brent is being ousted
There is a drainage problem
John Pearce refused to lend his grey mare to Uncle Tom Cobbley and all

I think the drainage issue has been alluded to in the club’s recent blog. Perhaps the club doesn’t respond to these other rumours because they are just that and it’s beneath the club’s dignity. It’s also of course entirely possible that most of the club’s staff are required to take most of their holidays in May, June and July so maybe there haven’t been too many people around.

I think the time to start getting worried is next May. If there’s no sign of cranes and wrecking balls then we’re in trouble.

For the record I’m not pro or anti Brent. I’m just pi$$ed off with people who think they have a God given right to know the ins and outs of a cat’s ...

Im with this man. Close season can always be s bit meh so the only think to talk about once the players are sorted is the ground.

Im sure as there is with many large projects issues and im sure more will come up in the future. Are we sat in the project office when that hand in the head moment happens? Nope. Are we the customer spending £6M on our fine new house? Nope. Let the club and contractor get on with their business. If by next May/June something is ary im sure we will notice. Im fairly confident that announcements will be made if the project statts to turn a little minky.

For the record I am dissapointed with the control room abd hope the rest of the build is better quality. BUT it is only the control room.

Have you been inside the Control Room? Have you seen it "in the flesh"? Or are you making your judgement from a photograph which appears, on face value, to be a shipping container, with windows.

It is what is contained therein that is important, not the external shell.

I think Jon B stated that it will have state of the art electronics for surveillance and monitoring.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Can we get past the control room thing? It’s tidy, functional, green, and is designed to be easy to remove when the corners are filled in. If it was a permanent structure, there’d be outcry at apparent proof that the corners are never happening.

Jul 25, 2011
Kentishgreen":20rfbmfa said:
Yes and that’s all down to the current regime actually trying to do something about it. Perhaps you should ask MaCauley why the stadium wasn’t finished? And the regime after that and the regime after that. It’s a simple game if you have the money. We don’t and never have.
Here’s a fun quiz, let’s ask Dan McCauley and the current regime how much of their own personal fortune they’ve put into the club and see how many guess correctly ?
Personally I was never a fan of Dan but he did at least put his mouth where his money was.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He certainly did.

He also tried to resign PAFC out of the league in a fit of pique as well.

Jul 25, 2011
IJN":1eytiqvy said:
He certainly did.

He also tried to resign PAFC out of the league in a fit of pique as well.
Absolutely. It was all about Dans big fat ego unfortunately. Still, doesn’t alter the fact he’s been the nearest thing we’ve ever had to a sugar daddy.