✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
DA wants more than just someone who is vocal. He'll need to understand DA's way of thinking, his tactics, his formations etc etc. The manager's got to be sure he can carry out his needs on the pitch.

Apr 29, 2016
The new match day captain has got to be a reliable, credible individual with a good footballing brain and good communication skills whether it be on the pitch or in the dressing room. It wouldn’t surprise me if Gary Sawyer took up the role of club captain. Like Luke did last season and there was another match day captain. Dependent on signings I can’t see Gary Sawyer starting most games next season and that has to be a “given” if there is to be a single captain.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Sawyer referred to as skipper in the back to work post on the club site

Sep 6, 2006
Keepitgreen":i9g45w5x said:
DA wants more than just someone who is vocal. He'll need to understand DA's way of thinking, his tactics, his formations etc etc. The manager's got to be sure he can carry out his needs on the pitch.

I would hope all the players understand that. The captain is not in a position to be dealing with tactics formations etc on the pitch whilst concentrating on his own game too.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Knibbsworth":1y7y9r03 said:
I'd be extremely surprised if it's Sarcevic.
Based on what? As you say "Fans have no idea about the group dynamics behind the scenes." So why not Sarcevic? But further to your earlier post, I totally agree that supporters cannot know what goes on behind the scenes, but I would have thought that regular week-in-week-out supporters can make a decent judgement from what they see from the sidelines?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
sarcevic for me.very well settled here and a happy family man with focus because of his family.one club one family.we are argyle,football is coming home to plymouth. ;)

Jul 21, 2016
Sarcevic would be an interesting choice, last season he said he needed to believe in himself surely that would be a massive vote of confidence from DA.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Wasn't sarcevic the cool and composed guy that got sent off for a stupid head butt ?
Not captain material IMHO and needs to be fully focused on his own performance

Jul 3, 2013
I would be very surprised if ASB joined us to benchwarm and also very surprised if we paid a fee for a back up player so fully expect Sawyer to be the back up.