Bradley Wright-Phillips | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bradley Wright-Phillips

In case anyone missed him, I'm exciled over in NYC and saw him play today... top scorer for the NY Red Bulls.

Had a decent game, scored again despite losing.

MLS is all a bit depressing though. Drinking terrible beer and eating popcorn at a match just doesn't feel right.

I'd attach a pic if I knew how.

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
I live in Chicago and go to more Argyle games a season that I do Chicago Fire games.

It's thoroughly depressing and rather than scratch the itch of live football, it just causes me to miss the real thing even more.

That's really well put... exactly how I feel! I'm now more eager to head home to get my fix than ever.

While I wish it the best and I suspect it'll continue to grow, I've avoided live MLS for 14 years... seems like for good reason.

Coincidently, they lost to Chicago, but not that either of us, or thousands of others there, seemed to care.

Aug 8, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
Portland here. Think i go to 1 Timber game a year. When Liam Ridgewell is your captain it pretty much tells you the state of the league. Portland has 15,000 people on the waiting list for season tickets so its not going to go away.

Did actually watch Bradley Wright-Philips play 2 years for the Red Bulls in Portland

Heading back next month and hoping to catch a play-off game

I hear for atmosphere at least, Portland is the place to be watching games.

All due respect to the smallish number of Red Bull “ultras” (as they call themselves), they made some good noise all game, but it still seemed contrived.

May 22, 2006
There was an interview with BWP and Ian Wright on Sky in the week. Both mentioned Argyle and BWP suggested that he was losing his way as a pro until he came to Argyle and it really made him focus on his game. He's done fantastically well in the MLS and his dad was very proud.

Aug 8, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
Big Green Apple":2t1drq3c said:
I hear for atmosphere at least, Portland is the place to be watching games.

All due respect to the smallish number of Red Bull “ultras” (as they call themselves), they made some good noise all game, but it still seemed contrived.

Total brilliant atmosphere and the fans are hardcore. It feels like a old English stadium in that its very intimate. The ground is below street level so the noise is loud. There expanding and adding 4,000 seats at a cost of 60 million dollars which is crazy when you think of it.

If you ever plan to come out this way to watch a match my house is open to stay mate!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Scored again today

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
scored again tonight his 15th goal in 23 games that he has played for NYRB this season.

May 8, 2011
Ottawa Green":120tqd20 said:
scored again tonight his 15th goal in 23 games that he has played for NYRB this season.

I was at the game. FC Dallas were awful only one player from both sides stood out and he was called Florian Valot of New York Red Bulls. BWP looked a bit overweight and not that interested, he scored from about a foot out, just a tap in.
Tomorrow I’m off to see New York City v Toronto.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Another goal yesterday his 20th of the season in 30 games.