Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton

Apr 5, 2008
So did Bradley go because he was offered more money

Was he offered the same money as Luton but decided to go anyway.

Did Adams think he didn’t want to match Luton’s offer because he didn’t rate him enough to offer the same amount.

Still don’t know the answers.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":dgv0s6yt said:
That was a rapid change of tune, Moles.

At 3pm we were likely to "go out of the league the wrong end".
At 4pm "this team is good enough for a push for the playoffs again".
So, Moles, regardless of the reasons he left, which of your opinions (offered on Monday) are you now running with?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
moles40":1a5y2c8i said:
So did Bradley go because he was offered more money

Was he offered the same money as Luton but decided to go anyway.

Did Adams think he didn’t want to match Luton’s offer because he didn’t rate him enough to offer the same amount.

Still don’t know the answers.

I'd weigh it up (in order of importance) as:

Length of deal - almost certainly better at Luton
Salary - probably better at Luton
Manager - par, though Adams has marginally proved more so far
Ambition/Success - par, though edging towards Luton
Location - certainly not Luton.

And remember if the other reported interest was true, his agent was in a very good bargaining position.

So, job and financial security for me - which is fair enough.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Bradley was made an offer that reflected Adams desire to keep him. Bradley felt he was worth more. Bradley signed for a team that is happy to pay him what Bradley feels he wants to be paid.

We have to trust Adams judgement. Bradley is a league 1 player at best. We need Championship quality players to take us to the next level.

Thanks for everything, good luck for the future.

Luton - what a poo hole.

Apr 5, 2008
davie nine":t51sgvja said:
davie nine":t51sgvja said:
That was a rapid change of tune, Moles.

At 3pm we were likely to "go out of the league the wrong end".
At 4pm "this team is good enough for a push for the playoffs again".
So, Moles, regardless of the reasons he left, which of your opinions (offered on Monday) are you now running with?

If you read my post properly you would know.I said IF we continue to sell our best players then it’s more likely we would end up going down than going up.At the moment the team still looks like we have a chance of making playoffs. If Argyle keep on getting rid of their better players then it’s common sense they would struggle as in previous times when this has happened :thumbs:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks like Adams didn't rate Bradley enough to give him a contract he wanted ....

Luton Today

"The Plymouth game now will have a bit of bite to it, which I like. “Whether they clap me or boo me, it won’t make any difference to me. “I’ve got nothing but respect for the football club, nothing but respect for the manager there. “No matter what’s been said, nothing will change my opinion of the club, as I had a brilliant two years there. Throughout the whole of May, I had conversations with the manager and we couldn’t get a deal sorted. “That’s not a problem at all, it’s just part of football, it happens, happens every season.”

“It was after the fact that I wasn’t going to sign with Plymouth again, that’s when I decided to move on. “It wasn’t a case of there were two contracts in front of me, do I pick this one? Or do I pick that one? “That wasn’t the case, the case was, I sat down with Derek Adams, had a conversation with him and we weren’t going to agree a deal."

Aug 27, 2016
Speaking to the local Luton newspaper,a better deal would have enticed me to stay at Argyle.Proven fact that he was chasing the money,no bad feeling but we’re better off without him. We must have a happy club as only two have decided to jump ship ,the re-signing of David Fox seems to substantiate that.P.S.good to see D.A.stuck to his guns when negotiating with Bradley,no player is irreplaceable.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Army green":2in4rwjw said:
It also indicates his first choice would have been us given the right deal. Never mind, we move on.

Yes but how much does 'loyalty' cost?

Extra £100 a week = 'I've always loved it here. I bleeds Green.'

Extra £50 a week = 'I feel that I need a new challenge. I'm grateful to Argyle for the opportunity but I feel I can develop as a player at a new club'.

This is NOT an attack on Sonny, I thought he was great for us and I wish him well.

I just got to thinking, you're made a good offer but when does leaving tilt to staying or vice versa? You have to have a cut off price surely? :think:

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
I'm reliably informed the issue is more to do with accommodation. With short term contracts, footballers at our level are unable to secure mortgages. Argyle aren't able/willing to incorporate a perk where it becomes easier (however that might work), Bradley needed it, Luton presumably offered it. Bam.

It sounds like he had no problem with the club, has a lot of respect for the manager and would like to have stayed, but his need for stability and a mortgage had to come first. There's more to life than football – he'll be retired in 10 years time and with what? Good luck to him, I wish him well.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Spix":2kx4sd06 said:
Argyle-sy":2kx4sd06 said:
Well, hardly a step up is it lol. Enjoy life in that grim as flip white gold that the Russian's wouldn't waste a nuke on . I would love it, just live it if they go straight back down

Oh dear. Do calm down chum before you do yourself a mischief. Bradley's moved to improve his financial security and he's moved to a bigger and more ambitious club, a club that can afford to improve both his wages and no doubt his footballing ability, given their superb training facility and coaching staff, not to mention a top young manager who won't spend all his career in the lower divisions, of that you can be sure. If you were in that situation in your employment I'm sure you would do the same.

As for Luton going straight back down, no chance chum, not a cat in hells chance of that happening. The more likely scenario, as time will no doubt prove, is that Luton will be challenging for another promotion, at worst they'll be looking for a play off place.

So dry your eyes, accept the inevitable, Plymouth will play second fiddle next season to the mighty Hatters.

I'm calmer than you sweetheart, looks like your mask just slipped though old chum. Moved to improve his financial footing, more like done a Judas for a few quid more, he was pretty much on the scrap heap before us, and to be fair joining Luton is about the equivalent of being back on the scrap heap, Christ that dump is so bad the Russian's would laugh and jokingly say "place is already backwards enough, do we really need to waste a few million quid on it".

Would be hysterics if you do go straight back down old chap, classless Muppets like you are the reason your club and the novel you live in are universally disliked throughout the football League. P.S, did you enjoy your time mixing it in the conference ?, one can only pray it won't be too long and you will be heading back down in that direction. Your club, and you have less class than a one cent hooker, but then you deserve what you get. P.P.S how long did it take Derek to get us up with a significantly smaller budget ?. Case closed

Aug 5, 2015
I think what needs to be remembered is that Luton were prepared to pay £250k in January. Now they have him for free they have £250k to offers as a sweetener. I’d go if someone offered me £100k or so to go and work for them.

S

Spix

Argyle-sy":emvyr3ap said:
Spix":emvyr3ap said:
Argyle-sy":emvyr3ap said:
Well, hardly a step up is it lol. Enjoy life in that grim as flip white gold that the Russian's wouldn't waste a nuke on . I would love it, just live it if they go straight back down

Oh dear. Do calm down chum before you do yourself a mischief. Bradley's moved to improve his financial security and he's moved to a bigger and more ambitious club, a club that can afford to improve both his wages and no doubt his footballing ability, given their superb training facility and coaching staff, not to mention a top young manager who won't spend all his career in the lower divisions, of that you can be sure. If you were in that situation in your employment I'm sure you would do the same.

As for Luton going straight back down, no chance chum, not a cat in hells chance of that happening. The more likely scenario, as time will no doubt prove, is that Luton will be challenging for another promotion, at worst they'll be looking for a play off place.

So dry your eyes, accept the inevitable, Plymouth will play second fiddle next season to the mighty Hatters.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! You do seem to have got yourself into a right old state

I'm calmer than you sweetheart, looks like your mask just slipped though old chum. Moved to improve his financial footing, more like done a Judas for a few quid more, he was pretty much on the scrap heap before us, and to be fair joining Luton is about the equivalent of being back on the scrap heap, Christ that dump is so bad the Russian's would laugh and jokingly say "place is already backwards enough, do we really need to waste a few million quid on it".

Would be hysterics if you do go straight back down old chap, classless Muppets like you are the reason your club and the novel you live in are universally disliked throughout the football League. P.S, did you enjoy your time mixing it in the conference ?, one can only pray it won't be too long and you will be heading back down in that direction. Your club, and you have less class than a one cent hooker, but then you deserve what you get. P.P.S how long did it take Derek to get us up with a significantly smaller budget ?. Case closed

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
Classy stuff, Argyle-sy.

Spix, good luck this season. Always enjoy the rivalry with Luton and in fairness they're looking like being a contender again, much as it obviously pains us!