New Captain? (Gary Sawyer - confirmed) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Captain? (Gary Sawyer - confirmed)

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
So, essentially we are in a place where derek will be selecting a new captain.

Who would you guys choose from the confirmed contracted players?

For me;

If a defender without knowing the character of the new boys Edwards would be an interesting one...obviously very well respected, someone to look up to. Is he a leader on the pitch? Would he just need to concentrate on football? What a situation though

If midfield, Ness? Will he be a regular starter? Will he stay fit?

We do seem to be a little short of leaders again, but I suppose we haven't done too badly with similar characters in recent years

If fox signs on again I think we could do worse than him, always talking and encouraging. Proper pro.

Anybody see any one obvious from the newbies?

Mar 8, 2016
Graham Carey should be captain in my opinion, leads the team with everything he does on the pitch.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
cheshiregreen":13fyu1bq said:
You've not mentioned the guy who was captain for most of the season.

He's not contracted

(Neither is fox I know)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Will have to wait and see what the fully assembled squad looks like first. He could have a new player lined up that could take the armband.

Out of the current squad as it stands no one really stands out other than Sawyer which is why I think a new commanding CB or CM will take it.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I think Sawyer will become ‘club captain’ like Luke was. On field captain, I wouldn’t have Fox... he can be a leader without the armband, i’d potentially give it to Jamie Ness. Really good end to last season and would be a real boost to his confidence going into the new season.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Not on club twitter though.

Aug 5, 2016
Fans have no idea about the group dynamics behind the scenes.

Who says Fox, Edwards or Carey are vocal, natural leaders?

When the dressing room is quiet before a big game, the natural leaders will be obvious. Adams will know who the leaders in his dressing room are. And when he did pick McCormick, a promotion winning captain, fans moaned that it wasn't the tallest, hardest hitting defender like every other team picks.