Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Interesting read! (Andy Kellet)
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:29 am 

Was good for us, shame its not going his way currently!

https://www.givemesport.com/1243623-the ... 3a666587fb

Post subject: Re: Interesting read! (Andy Kellet)
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:23 pm 
PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19 and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Blimey!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 pm 

If I remember rightly he was signed by United as cover for their U21 side due to a rash of injuries for that team. Don't think it was intended that he would be a Premier league contender. As it was I thought he was good for us and seems to have done well at Chesterfield

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 pm 

Could have done the sensible thing and signed for us again, had another 25 games under his belt and another half a season playing well in a team riding high in the league, but chose to go somewhere where he knew he'd be a back-up for the reserve team. He was just building momentum and starting to look quality, but lost all that by making this move.

It's the choice many would have made, but it does mean I haven't got an awful lot of sympathy for him even though it seems to have slightly wrecked his career.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 am 

Andy Holland wrote:
Could have done the sensible thing and signed for us again, had another 25 games under his belt and another half a season playing well in a team riding high in the league, but chose to go somewhere where he knew he'd be a back-up for the reserve team. He was just building momentum and starting to look quality, but lost all that by making this move.

It's the choice many would have made, but it does mean I haven't got an awful lot of sympathy for him even though it seems to have slightly wrecked his career.

He wasn't back up for the reserve team, he played almost every game when he was there. I've also never heard it said that Kellett turned us down. He might have, but that's never what I'd heard. The story always went he thought he was signing for Plymouth when he was told he's going to Man United instead, which suggests our bid was rejected when theirs came in. Presumably they offered a fee alongside and/or offered to pay all of his wages. Not to say we didn't, but if United are offering a fee we're not going to compete.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 pm 
PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19, PASOTI Punmaster and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

What a rude and arrogant article! disgusting.

Thought it was a big mistake at the time tbh. Quite sorry to be proved right :cry:

Come back Andy! Set the record straight! :scarf: