Promoted teams | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Promoted teams

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
There has been a stat doing the rounds that all the teams promoted into the top five English leagues at the start of this season have stayed up. Fairly remarkable, and got me thinking - how did they all do?

Well, to avoid going into too much detail, here are the top few finishes:

1. Ebbsfleet Utd, 6th in the National League
2=. Argyle, 7th in League One
2=. Lincoln City, 7th in League Two
2=. AFC Fylde, 7th in the National League
5=. Milwall, 8th in the Championship
5=. Pompey, 8th in League One

So only one of the 16 promoted teams did better than Argyle. Goes to show the scale of achievement at Home Park this season. Well done all involved.

With the redevelopment, increased playing budget, signing on of some important first team players and lovely new kit, there's not much to be unhappy about as far as I can see.

Jul 14, 2008
To be fair I think Millwall’s achievement is much more significant than ours. Their budget is bottom three I believe so to finish 8th in a league where there is so much money being thrown around is a great effort.

Jul 12, 2016
Just proves that anything is possible .May pay to remember this when some say Argyle would struggle financially in the championship.

Jul 14, 2008
It would be extremely difficult for Argyle but some teams manage to survive with good management. Preston have been up there for years now and always seem to do ok.