PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Who?

The criteria set by the club is that the player must be aged under 21 at the first game of the season.

With thanks to Mark Matthews.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Vyner

If he'd have been here all season he'd probably be up there for my main player of the season, oozes class and composure, surely destined for big things.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Vyner will deservedly win this for his efforts in the first team.

We should not forget the great performance of a number of youngsters in their own leagues and cups. Cooper, Law, Sangster, Battle, and more. have done the club proud.

Oct 31, 2015
Vyner. No one else came close. Shame he is a Robins player but I expect him to be Premier league one day.

Big shout for Cooper. Think this young man could have a future

Feb 28, 2016
I find the other end of season votes pretty black and white, this is the hardest for me as I donā€™t really know what to base it on.

If it was a vote for best breakthrough then I would give it Cooper all day long. If it was best impression on the first team, Fletcher would have secured my vote, if it was most improved from first year apprentice to second year apprentice, Harry Downing is my man. If it was biggest exceeder of expectations, then for my money itā€™s Rio Garside.

However I can not look past, 26 goals in 22 SWPL games, 2 central league goals, and a goal a piece in the SWPL Cup and Devon Bowls. I can not look past someone who, has achieved that despite being out on loan and injured for months. I can not look past someone who has come back fighting after what must have been such a disappointing set back of not being offered a professional contract, like his opo. Who was never given a sniff regardless of how was playing in the Reserves. I can not look past someone attracting interest from a club like BWFC. Someone who incidentally has such a good attitude off the pitch and on it.

Therefore there can be no competition to Alex Battle, for me. He has got my vote here and on the official club vote.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Fair enough to most that Mark. But in what world has Alex Fletcher made the best impression on the first team when Zak Vyner is also on the list?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
MarkMatthews":b71nunaq said:
I find the other end of season votes pretty black and white, this is the hardest for me as I donā€™t really know what to base it on.

If it was a vote for best breakthrough then I would give it Cooper all day long. If it was best impression on the first team, Fletcher would have secured my vote, if it was most improved from first year apprentice to second year apprentice, Harry Downing is my man. If it was biggest exceeder of expectations, then for my money itā€™s Rio Garside.

However I can not look past, 26 goals in 22 SWPL games, 2 central league goals, and a goal a piece in the SWPL Cup and Devon Bowls. I can not look past someone who, has achieved that despite being out on loan and injured for months. I can not look past someone who has come back fighting after what must have been such a disappointing set back of not being offered a professional contract, like his opo. Who was never given a sniff regardless of how was playing in the Reserves. I can not look past someone attracting interest from a club like BWFC. Someone who incidentally has such a good attitude off the pitch and on it.

Therefore there can be no competition to Alex Battle, for me. He has got my vote here and on the official club vote.

I appreciate and respect your passion and knowledge for our youth Mark, but how can you possibly say that Alex Fletcher has had more of an impression on the first team than Zak Vyner?

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
Vyner is a fantastic player and an inspired signing. However I donā€™t think loan players should be eligible for these awards. Therefore Cooper for me

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
TJH":19y0hipw said:
Vyner is a fantastic player and an inspired signing. However I donā€™t think loan players should be eligible for these awards. Therefore Cooper for me

Garita won the official club vote for YPOTS last season. :)

Vyner is good but he's not ours.
Cooper gets my vote, he's come from nowhere to become a squad regular and earn a new contract.
In his only appearance he kept a clean sheet in a 1-1 draw away to Blackburn. It must have been daunting for him to replace Letheren at half time after we had just conceded a goal but he did well.
Everyone talks about the 1-1 draw with Shrewsbury as the turning point of the season, however the Blackburn game was immediately after the Shrewsbury game and things could have turned out so different if Cooper had let nerves get the better of him and conceded a few goals in a damaging defeat against Blackburn.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I voted for Vyner as loan player but, having watched his performances against Manchester City and Fulham in the FA Youth Cup as well as a few SWPL and Central League games, I have voted for Mike Cooper, an outstanding prospect from our Academy.
I see no point in voting for a loan player in this category as I would prefer the winner to be someone who has progressed with the club over many years.
I considered Alex Battle but think that Cooper deserves it for his performances in the higher profile games.

I thought that the vote for Garita last season was embarrassing although I do respect the opinions of those who have voted for Vyner in this poll.

Feb 28, 2016
Cobi Budge":1imz6fq0 said:
MarkMatthews":1imz6fq0 said:

I appreciate and respect your passion and knowledge for our youth Mark, but how can you possibly say that Alex Fletcher has had more of an impression on the first team than Zak Vyner?

Vyner could be the best player to ever pull on a green shirt and I still wouldnā€™t vote for him for the reasons others have mentioned. Iā€™m not going to vote a Bristol City player as my PAFC player award. I appreciate before anyone goes trawling through my post history I may have voted a Rotherham player YPotS last year but he was our player when he was playing, I genuinely thought he was better than Garita I voted for him as the best chance of it not going to Garita, pretty sure I made multiple votes to also give Callum Rose a vote out of the then current PAFC lads.

Trawling through the posts here AND observing from afar, maybe these awards SHOULD have stricter eligibility criteria applied ?

If a loan player, he can ONLY be considered for THAT award ?

If NOT, then Zak Vyner will only receive a fraction of the votes he may deserve as some voters will be dissuaded from including him in their voting process ?

Some will not, of course.

It has to be a level playing field methinks ?

Hey, but what do I think !

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
TJH":dwzp9ttt said:
For the same reason, Klaidi Lolos.

Apr 6, 2009
there's already loan player award. Cooper has been great for the youth against massive teams and also stepped up for the first time on the first team at half time against Blackburn rovers and kept a clean sheet. got to be Cooper