Our away form | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our away form

Sep 6, 2006
Obviously pretty crucial now and it's the worst of the teams challenging at the top. Actually we have scored less goals than 2 of the teams in the relegation zone. Worrying.

Feb 5, 2006
Plymouth.
Hmmm not having that.

Current away form only over the last 6 games;

ARGYLE 11 PTS
Pompey 11 "
Scunthorpe 8 "
Charlton 7 "
Rotherham 7 "
Peterboro 6"

Worst or joint best???

Oct 14, 2015
Slightly misleading as assuming your judging that statistic on the whole season? Think a better form guard as to our away form would be to look at it over the last 6/8 or 10 away games which gives a fairer view. Based on that we look pretty good. Just my opinion

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
If you look at our recent away form, it paints a much prettier picture. Our overall form is skewed by the abbhoration that was August -> November.

Last 8 matches (AWAY)

------------- GP W D L GF GA GD Pts 2.5+
1 Blackburn 8 5 2 1 12 7 +5 17 62%
2 Shrewsbury 8 5 2 1 11 7 +4 17 50%
3 Wigan 8 5 1 2 17 9 +8 16 75%
4 Rochdale 8 5 1 2 11 5 +6 16 25%
5 Plymouth 8 4 3 1 10 8 +2 15 38%
6 Portsmouth 8 4 2 2 11 9 +2 14 50%
7 Scunthorpe 8 2 5 1 14 13 +1 11 50%
8 Charlton 8 3 2 3 10 9 +1 11 38%
9 Rotherham 8 3 2 3 10 10 0 11 50%
10 Bristol R 8 3 2 3 9 9 0 11 38%

Apologies for the awful formatting, but you catch my drift.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We look a better team at home, we play with a lot more freedom and really look to get at teams, I'm not saying we're poor away, we're not, but I'd like to see us try and play in the same way more often for example like we did at Shrewsbury, especially considering the majority of our away games are now away.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":2xuorp0r said:
We look a better team at home, we play with a lot more freedom and really look to get at teams, I'm not saying we're poor away, we're not, but I'd like to see us try and play in the same way more often for example like we did at Shrewsbury, especially considering the majority of our away games are now away.
That's how it works Cobi. :)

If anyone knows how to get a result away from home it's DA. It won't be easy but we can do it.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":3kxzhpav said:
Cobi Budge":3kxzhpav said:

If anyone knows how to get a result away from home it's DA. It won't be easy but we can do it.

:lol: :oops:

But yes, I trust in DA to find a way to get the results, I'd just like to see us bring some of the flare from our home performances into our away ones, we can definitely do it because the Shrewsbury performance was superb.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
samjones":1mx6ozqn said:
How about looking at our away form without Taylor as I suggest that's the most relevant now

Not as bad as you might imagine...

P9
W2
D3
L4
F6
A8

If you factor in the team as a whole is now playing massively better, I'd suggest even without Taylor we'll have enough to get over the line.

To end on a positive note... if the league table was just home games this season...

- Scunthorpe are 15th
- Rochdale are 20th
- Gillingham are 22nd
- Northampton are 24th

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Cobi Budge":2r31fjk5 said:
Keepitgreen":2r31fjk5 said:
Cobi Budge":2r31fjk5 said:

:lol: :oops:

But yes, I trust in DA to find a way to get the results, I'd just like to see us bring some of the flare from our home performances into our away ones, we can definitely do it because the Shrewsbury performance was superb.

I'm sure we will get a result on Saturday Cobi if you wear your flares up at Northampton ;-)

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
Far too much 'analysis' on this site at the moment is just looking at recent form and nothing more. Not just on this thread but others too. We know what great form we've been on for a while now. It's brilliant and it's why we are in the position we are in the league. It doesn't necessarily mean it's going to continue though. Just as our bad form in October and November didn't mean we wouldn't pick up any points in December in January. Just as Man City's amazing form wouldn't have predicted 3 back-to-back defeats.

In terms of how we set up away from home, we've obviously been very good under DA. Better than most away from home, that's for sure and better than I can remember under previous Argyle managers. However we need Taylor back fit badly for our system to work, we're even more reliant on him away from home than at HP. Away games are also always battles, regardless of who we're up against - any points will have to be earned the hard way. Fortunately I'm sure the green army will give them all the backing they could ask for during this tricky run-in.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
TJH":yc1if1hr said:
Far too much 'analysis' on this site at the moment is just looking at recent form and nothing more. Not just on this thread but others too. We know what great form we've been on for a while now. It's brilliant and it's why we are in the position we are in the league. It doesn't necessarily mean it's going to continue though. Just as our bad form in October and November didn't mean we wouldn't pick up any points in December in January. Just as Man City's amazing form wouldn't have predicted 3 back-to-back defeats.

There's not too much else to analyse on. Else we're all sat here saying "we might win, we might not", which doesn't make for much of a discussion on a discussion forum...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Our average away points per game over the whole season is 1.31, which should give us 5 points over the last four away games. I'd take that.

Oct 24, 2010
Adams has found a way to get results away from home, not always pretty but it has served us well and I doubt he will change much over the next four games.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":yddfgvg3 said:
Our average away points per game over the whole season is 1.31, which should give us 5 points over the last four away games. I'd take that.

Would you ?! You don't want to get in the play offs then.
7 pts min will be required and still may need a home win against Rotherham