Dave Smith | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Dave Smith

Just had a nice memory jog from one of my sons. He reminded me that during the Dave Smith era he would regularly address supporters before home games, explaining his team selection, giving injury updates, thoughts on past and up-coming games etc. Nice touch. Great bloke. Just thought i’d share the memory.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Certainly was a great manager, one of the best during my time as an Argyle fan. Had us playing some really nice football as well, that was one of the things that attracted me to Argyle in the first place. Fond memories indeed

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
During the promotion season I remember him addressing the crowd before the game which was the one following an abject 3-0 defeat away at Wigan. He apologised to the thousands of Argyle fans who had travelled for the poor performance and said something along the lines of ' and we aim to put it right starting today'. Brilliant PR. Brilliant manager.

Jan 27, 2012
Dave Smith was an exciting manager and tremendous personality. One of the best managers Argyle have had- he helped to create a special vibe about the club. Signed some great players as well. Didn't he used to write poetry about games ??

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can remember his story about seeing a rainbow as he got off at North Road Station for the first time. He said it was a 'sign'.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Stole our chips at Maine Road - Simod Cup, he told us later the players then nicked them off him...