Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
Am I the only one surprised that JJ had a release clause in the first place? Or that the release fee was such a low amount?

These clauses are mandatory in Spain and we've had it before of course with Sylvain Ebanks-Blake in the Championship Days but I didn't think these were too common in the lower leagues. If Bradley, Taylor and Carey had similar clauses then we can consider ourselves to be very fortunate to have avoided what could have been a disastrous deadline day. Perhaps that explains the managers comments today about being pleased about keeping the core of the squad together.

But lets not kid ourselves about the £125k, that really is chicken feed. Those looking forward to that money being re-invested in the summer would be better advised to forget all about it. It's not enough to pay the transfer fee of an in-form non-league striker and barely enough to cover the annual salary & bonuses of a ropey 3rd choice keeper. This is 2018 - £125k is the sort of transfer fee that would be expected to prise away a key player from Salisbury City and not a 1st team regular at a mid-table league 1 side. It's not the case that Argyle ran out of time to spend the money, as DA admitted this transfer had been on the cards for a while, it's more likely that £125k is of little to no use in attracting league 1 quality players that are under contract.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Jake's now ex-Argyle, so I've moved the thread over here.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Here's a couple of tweets from Jake:

I don’t use Twitter but felt I needed to leave a message to say thanks to everyone associated with plymouth argyle football club from the fans who always showed me great support to all the staff associated with the club. Promotion with the club will always go down in history 1/2

2/2 and it’s something I’m very proud to be apart of and will be forever grateful for the opportunity to play for the club! #argyle #greenarmy

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Keepitgreen":2sm7c5q6 said:
Here's a couple of tweets from Jake:

I don’t use Twitter but felt I needed to leave a message to say thanks to everyone associated with plymouth argyle football club from the fans who always showed me great support to all the staff associated with the club. Promotion with the club will always go down in history 1/2

2/2 and it’s something I’m very proud to be apart of and will be forever grateful for the opportunity to play for the club! #argyle #greenarmy
what a very decent man jake is. :clap:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Sad to see him go as i really liked him, and he's got to be worth at least 500k in today's market, even though he's out of contract in the summer.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
r4h4al":2bqy8afl said:
Sad to see him go as i really liked him, and he's got to be worth at least 500k in today's market, even though he's out of contract in the summer.

What market is that? FM 2018??

Aug 5, 2016
r4h4al":1jucvvr0 said:

What club is going to pay £500,000 for a winger who has 5 months left on a (roughly) £1500 a week contract? The bloke is out of contract in the summer, £30,000 signing on fee and he'll crawl over broken glass to come.

£125,000 was about right for a winger who wasn't starting at that moment in time and had slipped out of the manager's plans. Personally I'd have kept him, but DA knows his future plans better than I do, and if it means us offering a much better winger a two year deal in the summer then I'm looking forward to it. No more lads like Wylde, Sokolik and Blissett picking up a wage but offering little, use their wages to make our starting eleven better and better.

In DA we trust.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
cheshiregreen":ag4054mm said:
On bench tonight
I'd expect that will become a regular occurrence. Luton don't play with wingers and Jake's not a striker. They've also got Luke Gambin in their squad, one of the best wingers in the league and he never plays because it's just not a system they use. Strange recruitment.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Came on for the last few mins with Luton leading 4-0, final score 4-1

Nov 22, 2006
Was discussing the Jervis situation with another fan the other day, we both came to the agreement that he will quite quickly find out the grass isn't always greener, he played in a good league 2 team when he was here and Adams liked him and made a position for him in our team, I don't think he will be granted the same thing at Luton and I'd be surprised if he's still there in 12 months especially if (when) they get promoted, thought it was a shame that he left a useful squad player he had a good 2 1/2 year spell here but Adams obviously didn't see him as someone who will help us get better, I feel for Double J that this spell at Luton will show Adams was right

Oct 31, 2015
Green Giant":382zjxvi said:
Was discussing the Jervis situation with another fan the other day, we both came to the agreement that he will quite quickly find out the grass isn't always greener, he played in a good league 2 team when he was here and Adams liked him and made a position for him in our team, I don't think he will be granted the same thing at Luton and I'd be surprised if he's still there in 12 months especially if (when) they get promoted, thought it was a shame that he left a useful squad player he had a good 2 1/2 year spell here but Adams obviously didn't see him as someone who will help us get better, I feel for Double J that this spell at Luton will show Adams was right

To add to this I heard jj and DA had fallen out hence Lameiras.