Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move!

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Oddly enough, although I worked for LR in Plymouth for 35 years, I was never based at either. Many visits for meetings at Plumer House though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The only thing that will be left is the concrete and the metalwork, so I suppose you could say it's way, way more than a refurb.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":1dhm5s3x said:
The only thing that will be left is the concrete and the metalwork, so I suppose you could say it's way, way more than a refurb.

Apart from the upper tier though, right? Though I’m still not 100% clear on what’s going on with that, every time I look at the plans the seats are disconcertingly wood-like and non-green.

They will be replaced with green plastic seats... I assume??

Quite apart from the improved comfort and aesthetics, I want one of the old wood ones for my garden :greensmile:

Jan 2, 2010
tonsk":2mtc67k8 said:
memory man":2mtc67k8 said:
IJN":2mtc67k8 said:
Nice colour scheme!!

28t.jpg
I see there is no roof on the dugout.

But they have got a scoreboard!

tonsk
And the P.A. works...

Jul 3, 2013
Biggs":2a7rdvk6 said:
IJN":2a7rdvk6 said:

Apart from the upper tier though, right? Though I’m still not 100% clear on what’s going on with that, every time I look at the plans the seats are disconcertingly wood-like and non-green.

They will be replaced with green plastic seats... I assume??

Quite apart from the improved comfort and aesthetics, I want one of the old wood ones for my garden :greensmile:

Beanbags Not plastic.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Brent added: “Clearly, we couldn’t move the retail and ticketing staff to Plumer House. It needs to be next to the stadium.

“Without giving too many clues away, the provision of the new retail and ticketing facilities will be at an earlier time in the build than most of the rest of it.”

So presumably we'll see the turnstile facade being redeveloped into a shop frontage fairly soon...?

Looking forward to seeing how that's achieved, as it's one of the aspects of the redevelopment I like most.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Just to answer my own question about whether the upper tier seating was definitely being replaced, I found this fire safety section on the planning application that confirms it :scarf:

Also interesting to see how much steeper the new lower tier will be compared to the old one.

Mar 8, 2016
Not sure if it’s be mentioned before but anyone know if the floodlights on the mayflower side are being replaced? The current ones are shocking.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Army green":36lnqyod said:
Not sure if it’s be mentioned before but anyone know if the floodlights on the mayflower side are being replaced? The current ones are shocking.

Especially after the "fix" following the Exeter game when they went out was to remove the bulbs that broke it.