RIP to my dad - Bob Adams | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RIP to my dad - Bob Adams

Aug 15, 2015
Just felt like paying a little tribute to my beloved father.

He introduced me to Argyle in 2000, home to Blackpool where goals from McGregor and Wotton saw us win 2-0. Ironically, his last game at Home Park was with me last season at home to Blackpool, where we lost 3-0. He sadly passed away this morning after a battle with a brain tumour.

My dad actually played for the Argyle youth teams and played alongside players including Steve Davey, Mike Trebilcock (the latter I think). He was a striker and unfortunately didn't get an offer and ended up having trials at Bolton, Blackpool and Notts Forest under Brian Clough.

Argyle's performance against Bury was a fitting tribute to him. We played with a style and swagger that he would have loved, giving me joy.

I don't expect many (or maybe any) to even know him as we moved around the world from Africa, to America to London and finally at least for my father, back to Plymouth. He was a kind man with a big heart and departs at the age of 69.

One of the final things I told him on Friday evening is that one day I'll lead Argyle to the Premier League as Chairman. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me - I love you so much and will fight forever more to make you proud.

Always in my heart.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
A touching Tribute to your Dad and your post will strike a chord with many I’m sure, it certainly did me having recently enjoyed the pleasure of introducing my son to Argyle, RIP Pilgrim.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Condolences shoenice.
I don't think my Dad ever went to Argyle let alone take me! So you have a special memory of your Dad, as Bubba said it is a memory that can be passed down through the generations to come.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
Condolences on your loss shoenice.

I lost my mum suddenly 3 years ago and know how you must be feeling.

Talking to my dad today, it turns out that my mum was your dad's sister's best friend when they were growing up. Dad said he can remember how disappointed Robert was when he was released by Argyle.

Once again, condolences to you and your family.

Aug 15, 2015
Thanks pogleswoody and pootle's pom pom.

Well I don't know who you are (pootle's pom pom) but will speak to my Aunt soon.

Indeed my dad was devastated when he didn't make it at Argyle. I like to think he took on a new perspective in life however which led him to have a life rich with many great experiences.

Thanks for your message.