World Cup Play-Offs | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

World Cup Play-Offs

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
The Swedes have started arriving in Milano for tomorrow night's second leg. It is 60 years since Italia failed to qualify... no pressure ragazzi!

In the first leg the Italians were committed, together, determined and powerful... unfortunately that was just while singing their national anthem. During the game they were mostly crap!

Somehow, they always seem to do enough, so I'm going for a 2-0 home win. I still think Ancelotti will be in place before the finals though.

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Ham Green":37b5c0sa said:
and Italy are....OUT.

Tyhee Slim ( for those who knew him) would have been absolutely mortified.

In his beautifully crafted posts, I'm sure he would have come up with a cutting but humorous comment.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Funnily enough, I said to Mrs Pint about an hour before kick-off "it is about this time I would have got a 'Forza Azzurri' text from Neil (Tyhee)".

Yes, I know he would have come up with some amusing post about what he would be doing next June/July now that Italy are out... it wouldn't have been watching the football, that's for sure!

I miss the old bugger!!

Anyway, surreal atmosphere here this morning. Don't feel like taking the pee as, let's face it, a World Cup without Italy is a bit like a Carbonara without the guanciale!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Well, we've been here before ourselves, haven't we, with THAT game against Poland in '73? This WC is looking like a carve-up between the usual big guns already (Germany, Brazil, Spain, Argies). Can't see (m)any of the other qulaifiers troubling them, tbh.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Green_Matt":do1ilhcu said:
Portugal and France might have something to say about that. England are looking no better than last time out.

Having said that, a front four of Rashford, Alli, Sterling and Kane is as good as we've had for a while. If we can get those four playing without fear, it's just about conceivable we might do something.

Edit to add: if Mourinho strangles all the joy out of Marcus Rashford before the miserable old clogger drags his cloud of self-pity off to Paris Saint-Germain I will personally throttle him.

May 22, 2006
Ireland taking a good old stuffing.

Crazy to think we may not have seen the last of Rory Fallon at a world cup.

Feb 8, 2005

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
The-Pilgrim":1xwxl7ub said:
greeneagle":1xwxl7ub said:
IF Australia overcome Honduras tonight, then Tim Cahill may well make an appearance at his fourth World Cup.
Quite some career!!

Mile Jedinak hat trick hero as they won 3-1.

Slight deflection from a free kick for the first, second and third, two well taken penalties. Tim Cahill hit the bar with a lovely header. Well deserved win.