Nov 29, 2012
It looks like we could be in line for another award this season? :scarf:

Well done Paul Atkinson and his team. :clap:

SP0U9s4.png

8bOeBpR.jpg

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1tmqg6bz said:
Well it wont go to Palace...... Wickham, Jonathan Benteke, Dann, Tomkins, Sakho, Mandanda, Souare!

To be fair.. not sure the Palace medical team were at fault for that one!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Has anyone seen anything else about this one?

I've had a trawl but can't find a sausage?

Apr 22, 2013
IJN":3ttkq5wo said:
Has anyone seen anything else about this one?

I've had a trawl but can't find a sausage?

'Winners' will be announced on the night (next weekend) Paul A +1 is attending.

Apr 22, 2013
I agree Ian, great to see some of the 'unsung heroes' recognised. The problem is, and call me an 'old cynic' but attendance at all the awards costs a small fortune and I sometimes wonder whether who gets the award is influenced by who attends! Follow the link to to the FMA awards and it is £200+ each. Probably well worth it-but add in Groundsman of the year, player of the year, manager of the year, administrator of the year etc etc + the AGM fees, then you get to a hefty figure. All good stuff but you would think that the EFL might be able to invite the nominees for free!?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's obviously all about the money mate!

Saying that perhaps our own website can give us more of an insight into the back room of PAFC now that summer's here.

I'd love to see 'A day in the life of Neil Lennun' as an example.

Jan 3, 2013
So every club is invited then? £400 for two attendees, plus hotels, transport, time away from work, meals etc......
Anyone else think this is a costly waste of money? The club grabbed over a grand from the senior greens for physio equipment when not attending this event would have gone a long way towards purchasing another item.
Am I being a grumpy old cynic, or do others concur?

Apr 22, 2013
Knarf Reprah":2l0qbd8g said:
So every club is invited then? £400 for two attendees, plus hotels, transport, time away from work, meals etc......
Anyone else think this is a costly waste of money? The club grabbed over a grand from the senior greens for physio equipment when not attending this event would have gone a long way towards purchasing another item.

It is a conference, so yes everyone is invited. It is over a BH weekend so no time away from work. Who has said it cost the club anything? My point was that the organisers must make a fair amount from staging such events and IF the club sent someone to each conference/award event it would cost a lot. I would like to think that the shortlisted nominees(which PAFC are one of) would be invited for free.

Jan 3, 2013
lyndhurstgreen":3tq0as6k said:
Knarf Reprah":3tq0as6k said:

It is a conference, so yes everyone is invited. It is over a BH weekend so no time away from work. Who has said it cost the club anything? My point was that the organisers must make a fair amount from staging such events and IF the club sent someone to each conference/award event it would cost a lot. I would like to think that the shortlisted nominees(which PAFC are one of) would be invited for free.

But are they?

Apr 22, 2013
Knarf Reprah":2k93ffvu said:
lyndhurstgreen":2k93ffvu said:
Knarf Reprah":2k93ffvu said:

But are they?

I have no idea