cheshiregreen":w8v3jea5 said:
Here is news of a winner.

link

I've added BGL to the Pasoti Twitter feed. :thumbs:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
THE Big Green Lottery keeps on giving, as we proudly announce the monthly winner of £500 for February is Mr Blight from Ashburton.

Enjoy your winnings Mr Blight and there is exciting news of a major revamp to the Big Green Lottery set to arrive in the coming days….watch this space.
Get involved with the Big Green Lottery and help us raise funds to support the Plymouth Argyle Academy.

Week 15 Winners
£10
Mr Ford from Redruth
Mr Rodd from Saltash
Mr Pengelly from Leeds
Mr Smith from Thornbury
Mr Rickard from Plymouth
Mr Tremayne from Highertown
Mr Biggs from Bristol
Mr Hayne from Quintrell Downs
Mr Gregory from Southampton
Mr Davies from Blackburn.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
No news of major revamp yet but these are week 16 £10 winners.

Mrs Teagle from Newquay
Mr Wrathall from Torquay
Mr Spence from Perranporth
Mr Jackett from Gunnislake
Mr Adam from Chippenham
Mr Lacey from Somerset
Mrs Greening from Plymouth
Mr Richards from Plymouth
Mr Pratt from Plymouth
Mr Rose from Gunnislake

Good to see a PAFC director investing in our Academy.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I have pointed out that there is no explanation of how the new rollover will work and this was the response:-

"I have asked our Lottery providers to clearly explain how a rollover would work. The concept is a lot more exciting than the 10 x £10 weekly winners but members need a full breakdown of the process, and also reassurance that the prize fund is not diminishing in any way.
They have introduced rollovers at other clubs, so I’m expecting a swift response on this."

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
davie nine":3rhpj1oi said:
I have pointed out that there is no explanation of how the new rollover will work and this was the response:-

"I have asked our Lottery providers to clearly explain how a rollover would work. The concept is a lot more exciting than the 10 x £10 weekly winners but members need a full breakdown of the process, and also reassurance that the prize fund is not diminishing in any way.
They have introduced rollovers at other clubs, so I’m expecting a swift response on this."

My query is that at present the entry to the annual £12000 lottery comes from those who have successfully won a £10 weekly prize, no 10 winners per week, in fact rollover implies perhaps only one winner for several weeks, so what mechanism is in place to pick the finalists?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I don't think that is what happens, jaf.
I think that there is a separate draw, involving all members in November each year, when 10 names are selected.
Then the £12,000 winner is selected at half-time in a December home game using an elimination procedure.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
justanotherfan":l67vtu40 said:
davie nine":l67vtu40 said:

My query is that at present the entry to the annual £12000 lottery comes from those who have successfully won a £10 weekly prize, no 10 winners per week, in fact rollover implies perhaps only one winner for several weeks, so what mechanism is in place to pick the finalists?
My take on it is that EVERY BGL member is in the draw for the annual prize.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
ah, that is clear then, thanks boys.

B

bizzay1

But, if there is only 1 x £100 prize each week, 1 members number will be drawn out-they win £100. Where does the rollover come from ?

Apr 27, 2009
bizzay1":2ha7brpf said:
But, if there is only 1 x £100 prize each week, 1 members number will be drawn out-they win £100. Where does the rollover come from ?

I may be wrong but from my understanding the BGL had a set number of available spaces (2000 or 2500 I think) and that allocation has never been fully taken up. So I guess they would put all of the tickets in and if the winning ticket is one of the 900 or so of us members then you get a winner.

Press release also says the BGL has the potential to reach 1000 members and has confirmed that they will have 2ND priority on tickets the same as white season ticket holders.

I personally would recommend it to anybody, I've won a few tenners each year and was one of the 12 on the pitch for the jackpot until Ben Purrington drew my name 4 places too early !

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
As I understand it, as explained in my post at 1520 today, PAFC is waiting for the Lottery provider to explain exactly how the new rollover procedure will be administered.