No Real Attempt To Keep Purrington | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

No Real Attempt To Keep Purrington

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nice to know you don't deny your status Grumpy.

As I say, people can make up their own mind and I'm sure they will.

P

pafcstafford

The article with Adams just after we sold him and before this one appeared says it all, we got on offer Adams went and spoke to the player and told him it was a fair offer for the club we made no attempt to keep him. Why? Because it was a good deal for what has mostly been a second choice left back for derek a lad who is only young but had a few injuries now. I would hazard a guess derek is very confident of 1 sawyer being first choice 2 he can get just as good or better for a lot less than 300k

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":228cpv3g said:
Nice to know you don't deny your status Grumpy.

As I say, people can make up their own mind and I'm sure they will.

My status? I'm just a normal fan Ian. I have absolutely nothing personally to win or lose by my opinion on the Home park hierarchy.

Can you say the same given your, ahem, status?

Try as you may and given your position, labeling someone a troll because they've always broadly questioned why Brent truly got involved at PAFC, is just lame. You also unwittingly damage the credibility of this site as welcoming of all opinions, in doing so.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So you say Grumpy.

I have no position, I am simply a fan with a special ticket, I know nothing of the internal machinations of PAFC nor do I want to.

You on the other hand have always (before JB and Co) nagged away at those that hold he reigns. Is that a good thing, possibly, but your logic often lets you down, and you never seem to talk in a positive manner, which this season in particular takes some doing.

You carry on pal, as I've often said, you are the living proof that people CAN have their own opinions on this site. They may be challenged but you've never been banned because you stay within the rules of this site and the laws of the land.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Greenskin":14ohqbpf said:
davie nine":14ohqbpf said:
I was impressed with Purrington's form since he replaced Sawyer.

However, Derek Adams made a judgement call. I believe that the Board supported their manager's judgement.

Time will tell whether he was right or wrong.

Just

What makes you so sure that it was Derek Adams who made the final decision to sell Purrington?
Just my opinion. The Board gave DA a 4 year contract to MANAGE the playing side of PAFC and they trust him to do just that.

G

Greenskin

IJN":34uskhm2 said:
Right this is probably how it would have worked.

Derek we've had a bid for £300k for BP, what do you reckon, should we take that?

Yes we should, we can do without him and he has voiced his option about not wanting to sign another contract.

OK thanks we'll move on that then.

Who's 'final decision' was it Greenskin?

We have a near troll as the OP and someone with 'Brent Out' backing him up. :lol:

People will make their own minds up I'm sure.

Yes, of course. How could I have been under the illusion that the final decision on selling players at Plymouth Argyle may possibly have been made by agencies other than the manager. Stupid old me.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was as disappointed as the next person that we let an Academy lad go.

However, we had heard from Sam Jones that he wanted to leave, he had 6 months to go, and we would have lost him.

I think DA did take the pragmatic approach, and he has proved he can find wee nuggets from all over the place.

IF DA wanted him to stay he would have stayed I am sure.