Directors seating | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Directors seating

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
With the old directors box being used for club members, I was wondering where the directors are going to sit? Logically I'm assuming it's outside the new board room at the top of the lower terrace. However even taking into consideration the roof extension, this area will still get wet especially with a northerly, I just can't imagine directors putting up with that... can't seem to find that detail on the plans... probably looking in the wrong place! Can anyone help?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Two logics at work I reckon.

1) They could charge a lot more for the ex Directors Box

2) If it's good enough for the corporate people, it's good enough for the Directors.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I’ve been thinking about whether the weather will be as big a problem anyway.

23 games per season, anyone being at Home Park would not necessarily put themselves in the open if raining hard until game time and during a season we have as much chance of it being mild as having light rain or drizzle. How many times have we had to watch football in an absolute gale? The only game i’ve Ever known to be abandoned in the middle was Bradford (I think) when they were 3-0 up (I think) and we won the replay.

Yes, there will be games when some get wetter than some but in the long run it’s never really been that bad.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can remember Leicester (at half time), Barnsley (when we were 1-4 down) and Bradford City (due to cold, sleet and the ref suffering hypothermia.

As you say Ade, not exactly common is it?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
argyleforever":1cm5b42x said:
Looking at how far the roof comes over, i think they will just manage to escape the rain, even with winds
It seems rather ominous that they have had to put a waterproof membrane over the first 6 rows of the Grandstand to prevent water ingress into the new facilities below.

As for the spectators in the new Mayflower seats, surely there shouldn't be the possibility of getting soaked in an area designated as Premium Seating.

Should have been safe standing.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Thanks for the replys, now I know, I'm going to make this prediction, within 5 years the directors will be back in the top level of the grandstand. :greensmile:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:greensmile: That was my thought as well.

Mind you, I got shown around the GT's Supporters Bar today, and imagine this as a BoardRoom? ;)

IpfM0Z5.jpg

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
I have sat on and off in the upper tier Mayflower grandstand since well 1989 and I can't remember seeing anyone getting wet sitting in the first few rows. The new roof extension should make this even less likely.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Green since 89":jqolsaia said:
I have sat on and off in the upper tier Mayflower grandstand since well 1989 and I can't remember seeing anyone getting wet sitting in the first few rows. The new roof extension should make this even less likely.

But the discussion is about whether the directors will get wet in their new position at the top of the new lower tier, immediately outside the new boardroom.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
demportdave":34hy3gkx said:
It seems rather ominous that they have had to put a waterproof membrane over the first 6 rows of the Grandstand to prevent water ingress into the new facilities below.
That'll be to stop the tea spilled by the old codgers in the cold from staining the ceiling underneath.