Roof Going On | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Roof Going On

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
The roof has finally started - front section is being fitted from the Demport End. Webcam 2 gives a great view :thumbup:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
And with the rain coming down you will see how protected you will be :whistle: :whistle:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
.. and now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna belieeeeeve us!!!
The roof is going on
The roof is going on!!
The roof is going on
The roof is going on!! :scarf:

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
The dry spots on the lower terrace visible on cam1 now are starting to give an indication of how well the new seating area is covered

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Roof panels going on at the back of grandstand

OnicknowlePete

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
βœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
πŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner πŸ‘¨β€βš–οΈ
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
As of 15:45 today I reckon well over a third of the back is now done, and with weather forecast good for Wed/Thursday I expect it will be completed this week,
Pete

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Judging from the rainfall earlier this week and the roof coverage and shelter it provides it seems like there will be no coverage from the elements for 2/3s of the lower Mayflower stand. What worries me more about this is that the players and subs will be completely exposed which won’t be conducive to getting the best from back up staff.

Is there any intent to have any (even temp) cover for the non playing staff on bad weather match day or will they just get issued with high quality rainwear?

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Ade the green":3vmlbfd3 said:
Judging from the rainfall earlier this week and the roof coverage and shelter it provides it seems like there will be no coverage from the elements for 2/3s of the lower Mayflower stand. What worries me more about this is that the players and subs will be completely exposed which won’t be conducive to getting the best from back up staff.

Is there any intent to have any (even temp) cover for the non playing staff on bad weather match day or will they just get issued with high quality rainwear?

From the artist impressions it looks like the dugouts will be covered, but of course artist impressions are just that!

Looks like they are making excellent progress on the roof today.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Kevin_Gollop":csugyfgo said:
Ade the green":csugyfgo said:

From the artist impressions it looks like the dugouts will be covered, but of course artist impressions are just that!

Looks like they are making excellent progress on the roof today.

From the artist impression, it gives very little detail of the dugouts if any. As the dugouts will need a cover this will, if permanent be up and over causing more seats to have limited views, ie those to the right of the dugout will have little view of the left and vice versa. It still seems a bit cramped to have two banks of staff and players including physios and to include the 4th official.

It all looks like the kind of dugouts seen in places like Old Trafford etc but with more ventilation.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Maybe the dugouts will be lower than the current level, so with a cover the spectators can see over it.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I think there will be a cover of sorts over the Dugouts which will keep the worst of the weather out, it’s the poor devils in the so-called Premium seats I will be feeling sorry for on a wet and windy winter day.

Hopefully, the Premium Package will include a Poncho.

May 16, 2016
demportdave":3r5amioe said:
I think there will be a cover of sorts over the Dugouts which will keep the worst of the weather out, it’s the poor devils in the so-called Premium seats I will be feeling sorry for on a wet and windy winter day.

Hopefully, the Premium Package will include a Poncho.

Agree, it's not good enough, even if like me, you've ignored and skipped over the fact that the roof and sides aren't actually finished yet.