Huge Gap Between Bottom of the Stand and the Pitch? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Huge Gap Between Bottom of the Stand and the Pitch?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Notice the final bits of Raker stacked behind the fence on the current pitch edge.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
What’s going on between the Stand and the Pitch
Builders lorries and Cranes.
How do you think they would be able to work on the Stand, if the pathway was to narrow.
When the job is finished, the tarmac will be dug up, and the boards taken down, and everything will be as it was pitch side.
Simples.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Even if that was the final gap (it isn’t), there are way bigger gaps than that at other grounds. Like the Emirates and Wembley.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
What is wrong with you all? The way you respond to comments is like i'm taking a personal dig at each of your families! I'm simply asking why there is an enormous gap between the pitch and the stand, it looks pretty excessive.

You know, you're allowed to support Argyle and question things going on at the club. :lol:

May 11, 2008
The first row of seats will be set back further than where we could stand on the old terrace. There will be a gap between the seats and advertising hoardings as per the remainder of the ground.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Zoo Corner":2uqe26tx said:
What is wrong with you all? The way you respond to comments is like i'm taking a personal dig at each of your families! I'm simply asking why there is an enormous gap between the pitch and the stand, it looks pretty excessive.

You know, you're allowed to support Argyle and question things going on at the club. :lol:

Eh? I don’t see one message that was remotely hostile.

Mar 8, 2016
Biggs":1zn10lh5 said:
Even if that was the final gap (it isn’t), there are way bigger gaps than that at other grounds. Like the Emirates and Wembley.

They also have 10’s of thousands more seats. Millions more pounds spent on them and just not a comparison to our refurbished 1950’s grandstand. It’s a reasonable question the op asks, the gap does look big and is it staying like that.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Biggs":ucv6p7m6 said:
Zoo Corner":ucv6p7m6 said:

Eh? I don’t see one message that was remotely hostile.

Not saying comments were especially hostile, just ultra defensive Mr Biggs

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
In answer to your opening question, there are more raker beams to be installed taking the seats down to tarmac level. I would presume that these will be installed later in the build allowing vehicle access to the rest of the stand/roof etc.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
There’s an extension to the lateral steels (the ‘rakers’) yet to be bolted on (you can see them in some of the pics).

Bottom seats will be pitch-level, there’ll then be a concourse between the bottom row seats & the pitch barrier.

Dimensions - & as such distance from pitch - will be very similar to the Lyndy.....

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Presumably this phased construction, where the temporary road is put as near to the stand as possible, is all a part of making sure that the refurbishment can proceed efficiently without affecting the ability of Home Park to stage matches this season.

Even if the average position of the seats ends up being a little further back than before (I am not sure it will be with the planned walkway at the top of the terracing), I am sure that whatever is lost from being close to the pitch will be more than made up for by the improved angle of banking.

Mar 18, 2014
“There will be a six to eight-foot concourse that will then take you up to the pitch perimeter.

Jon Back in the 'Erald

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Vampires11":f3aj4th3 said:
“There will be a six to eight-foot concourse that will then take you up to the pitch perimeter.

Jon Back in the 'Erald

That’s pretty close to pitch as far as I’m concerned which will help with the atmosphere and should make it more intimidating than if there was a big gap between the pitch and the first row of seats..