Electronic advertising boards? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Electronic advertising boards?

Have these been thought of on the new lower mayflower terrace? Can't seem them doing it on the stand itself. Should add to the modern looking mayflower. Or a screen inside the ground? Maybe on the ugly part towards to away end the grey square to the left of the mayflower?

Also will there be a need to put floodlighting on the mayflower roof? At any point?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
On a similar tack, can somebody remind me whether the club were ever intending to install a scoreboard inside the stadium? I’m sure I read somewhere that JB mentioned some time back about the possibility of one going into the Barne Park / Mayflower corner? :think:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Carl Barnard":2ez548h4 said:
Have these been thought of on the new lower mayflower terrace? Can't seem them doing it on the stand itself. Should add to the modern looking mayflower. Or a screen inside the ground? Maybe on the ugly part towards to away end the grey square to the left of the mayflower?

Also will there be a need to put floodlighting on the mayflower roof? At any point?

Unless the advertising revenue would be enough to pay for the signs I expect we'll just have the static ones as always.

As to a screen, I'm not sure where you'd put one or if the club could justify the expenditure. The 'ugly part to the left of the Mayflower' is the new GT's building!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Think he means the gap above the lower tier and to the left of the upper tier, where the roof hasn't been extended to the Barn Park End.

That would make perfect sense for a big screen or scoreboard, in my view.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Biggs":1rcw86im said:
Think he means the gap above the lower tier and to the left of the upper tier, where the roof hasn't been extended to the Barn Park End.

As someone who has never stood or sat very far from the DP end I was not aware that the old kiosk was there until the webcams went up to watch the rebuild. A good part of the DP would not be able to see a screen placed there. it would need to be in front of the GT's new picture window to be visible to the majority of home fans (who would be bothered about the away fans?) Probably mounted on the roof of the dressing rooms - which have not been designed to take any weight.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Carl Barnard":2x2e53ze said:

I'm sure JB said in a blog that there wouldn't be any on the new roof.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argylegames":2lt9vuvg said:
Biggs":2lt9vuvg said:

As someone who has never stood or sat very far from the DP end I was not aware that the old kiosk was there until the webcams went up to watch the rebuild. A good part of the DP would not be able to see a screen placed there. it would need to be in front of the GT's new picture window to be visible to the majority of home fans (who would be bothered about the away fans?) Probably mounted on the roof of the dressing rooms - which have not been designed to take any weight.

Yes, but I was coming at it primarily as a way to use that space and make it look better. You could have a big screen there, and a smaller scoreboard thing hanging from the BPE?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Biggs":3087yiub said:
Yes, but I was coming at it primarily as a way to use that space and make it look better.
I presume they'll not leave the old kiosk looking like it does at the moment, and there is still the new toilet block to go in between the new stairs and the GT building.

Edit to add: Don't forget that the top of the kiosk is the landing on the stairs into the grandstand.