Corner fill ins | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Corner fill ins

Apr 21, 2007
Looking at how high the changing room walls are going, I'm not sure how the seating is going to go on top. The plans they have released show the seats at a continuous height from the Barn park end to where it joins the Mayflower but the wall seems to be going too high for that.

Also on one of the pictures they released you can clearly see a bit of the wall sticking through the seats as if to show that it doesn't fit.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I think you underestimate the rake of the seating. Look underneath the horseshoe, just the length of the tunnels back you can have a 1 story building, further back there's enough space for the toilets and plenty of open space above them.

There's going to be plenty of head height for the changing rooms.

More to the point, I'm pretty sure professional architects and stadium designers would be able to work out the maximum height of the changing rooms in respect to the rake angle of the seats.

There is absolutely no chance there's a problem with the design.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Willis88":tad86gj9 said:
More to the point, I'm pretty sure professional architects and stadium designers would be able to work out the maximum height of the changing rooms in respect to the rake angle of the seats.

THIS.

Again, it's a good natured question and I don't want to criticise but I am completely fed up of people saying things along the lines of 'I don't know anything about architecture or engineering... but surely architects and engineers have got this wrong' :lol: :banghead:

Plus we've had this question before. It fits.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Biggs":2752356z said:
Willis88":2752356z said:

THIS.

Again, it's a good natured question and I don't want to criticise but I am completely fed up of people saying things along the lines of 'I don't know anything about architecture or engineering... but surely architects and engineers have got this wrong' :lol: :banghead:

Plus we've had this question before. It fits.

I know nothing about stadium design or architecture but I know enough about life to get over my uneducated concerns in a subject and trust the experts who are paid enough to think about these small issues.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Haha that's truly brilliant, however to me it begs the question as to what morons actually installed some of that stuff.

Suppose common sense is in rare supply these days

Apr 21, 2007
From the pictures I have seen it shows that the corner will be filled in with the seats at the same level as the Barn park and Mayflower ends. But looking at camera 1, the metal frames that have been put in quite clearly aren't going to go over the changing rooms. The plans must have changed.

Dec 25, 2005
Mutley
The plans must have changed.

Nope.

47221138971_5a7b7102fa_b.jpg

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Darrenpafc":rnlzzymn said:
From the pictures I have seen it shows that the corner will be filled in with the seats at the same level as the Barn park and Mayflower ends. But looking at camera 1, the metal frames that have been put in quite clearly aren't going to go over the changing rooms. The plans must have changed.

The seats in the corners are raised up higher compared to the Mayflower seats looking at various images.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Presumably the web-cams distort the perspective to a degree but I can't try and meld together what I am seeing on the web-cam with the 3D plan picture and not conclude that something has changed.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Green since 89":cmbp4hlg said:
Presumably the web-cams distort the perspective to a degree but I can't try and meld together what I am seeing on the web-cam with the 3D plan picture and not conclude that something has changed.

To the left of the block with P in, you see a row of three seats and a wall. I think the row of three seats is basically on the final raker by the changing rooms that went in yesterday. If/when the corners ever get filled in then the horseshoe would be extended round, which is a steeper angle than the new Mayflower seating.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
At present it looks like the front of the laundry is level with the 4th row of seats in the lower Mayflower, but in the 3D picture the entrance in the access to the dressing room complex is level with the 6th/7th row (and the actual complex should be further back than this because there's a couple of feet of brick-work above the entrance). So the dressing room complex footprint looks to me like it has been moved a bit closer to the pitch and/or has been made a bit bigger.

Whatever the case, I am sure that they will be able to fill in that corner but I think it will look a little different to the current 3D picture (which I personally don't really see as an issue). It's great to see the steelwork in place all the way past the end of the pitch. Looks like they have done a great job.

Edited to add - or the whole upper and lower Mayflower stand is in reality set a bit further back than it appears in the 3D picture. It must be very difficult to get it exactly right.

M

Monkey Nuts

Say what you like about the skill of architects, but it’s plain to see that that corner will never extend round to new the new lower grandstand, in the manner that the pictures depict.

Either there is actually no plan to fill in that corner, or, there would be a large drop off between the corner and the main length of the stand.