Control room | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Control room

Apr 21, 2007
Where is the control room eventually going to go after the corners are filled in? (IF they ever are)

I have just read an old Herald article where it said it was originally going to be part of the grandstand but they changed their minds.

Jan 5, 2019
Darrenpafc":wrj07s4i said:
Where is the control room eventually going to go after the corners are filled in? (IF they ever are)

I have just read an old Herald article where it said it was originally going to be part of the grandstand but they changed their minds.

Can't remember where exactly I read or heard this, may have been on the development page on argyles official site or from John on argyles fans forum frpm December on YouTube.

But remember someone saying it will remain where it is but be integrated into the corners, as they said when corners are filled in it benefits the capacity if that spare area on second tier that doesn't run all the way along is filled in with seats, instead of a larger control room on the second tier of mayflower, hope this helps.

Apr 21, 2007
BcbC2312":swggv1x0 said:
Darrenpafc":swggv1x0 said:

Can't remember where exactly I read or heard this, may have been on the development page on argyles official site or from John on argyles fans forum frpm December on YouTube.

But remember someone saying it will remain where it is but be integrated into the corners, as they said when corners are filled in it benefits the capacity if that spare area on second tier that doesn't run all the way along is filled in with seats, instead of a larger control room on the second tier of mayflower, hope this helps.

Are they definitely going to put extra seats in, in the Mayflower where the control room was going to go?

I'm guessing now that the control room isn't going there, it will mean there will no longer be any seats with restricted views of the Barn park end.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Darrenpafc":oua66977 said:
Are they definitely going to put extra seats in, in the Mayflower where the control room was going to go?

Certainly not in Phase 1 by the looks of it. If they were, they'd have removed the old kiosk.

Apr 21, 2007
So when they do phase 2, the control room will somehow be integrated within the corner of the Mayflower/Devenport yes?
Be interesting to see how well it is integrated and hopefully doesn't ruin the look of the corner.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Darrenpafc":23tcwuci said:
So when they do phase 2, the control room will somehow be integrated within the corner of the Mayflower/Devonport yes?
Be interesting to see how well it is integrated and hopefully doesn't ruin the look of the corner.

I am afraid Health & Safety matters tend to over rule what we would call arena beauty. I should not hold your breath for visual improvements.