Port-a-cabins to be fully cleared? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Port-a-cabins to be fully cleared?

Jan 5, 2019
Good to see progress is flying on the re-build, just a quick forum to query about the old port-a-cabins on higher home park, seen a few been knocked down now to be replaced by proper buildings e.g. supporters bar & presume once club shop & ticket office is fully open the old port-a-cabins for them will be knocked down, so was wondering are all port-a-cabins to be demolished & cleared once refurbishment is done? :think:

Also to add what will higher home park be used as once refurbishment is done & before buildings are built on there? will it just be flattened re-tarmacked & used as extra car parking? any answers much appreciated :thumbs:

May 16, 2016
Go Kart Track is what my mate said yesterday, but he's not totally sure. He's often wrong though.

Jan 5, 2019
Guiri Green":m9yeoj18 said:
Go Kart Track is what my mate said yesterday, but he's not totally sure. He's often wrong though.

Oh right sounds good & ha brilliant, at least that gives some ideas as to what will happen cheers :)

Jan 5, 2019
pingudad":e8d9hk3l said:
Thought that is where ice rink will be going

Yeah heard that too but also Hallett said in the fans forum in December, that higher home park will possibly be free land for whoever but he wasn't 100% sure so don't know if ice rink was a definite. :think:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The ice rink will be at the top, roughy where the GT's tent is now.

I would imagine the portacabins will be flogged off somewhere.

Jan 5, 2019
IJN":3s3fki1x said:
The ice rink will be at the top, roughy where the GT's tent is now.

I would imagine the portacabins will be flogged off somewhere.

Thank you, that clears up some queries I had about that situation. :)

May 16, 2016
BcbC2312":26ls4kfu said:
Pogleswoody":26ls4kfu said:
Channel 5 is interested apparently: Karting On Ice? :think:

That would actually be hilarious if that was to happen. :lol:

Put the word 'Celebrity' in front of it and you've got a winner.

Jan 5, 2019
Guiri Green":3h99bxzb said:
BcbC2312":3h99bxzb said:
Pogleswoody":3h99bxzb said:
Channel 5 is interested apparently: Karting On Ice? :think:

That would actually be hilarious if that was to happen. :lol:

Put the word 'Celebrity' in front of it and you've got a winner.

Literally :funny: I.T.V. would be all over that :lol:

Jan 19, 2019
I really don't get the fascination with an ice rink. Go stand by the sun dial and ask any plymouthian what they like to do as a hobby/pastime... ice skating wouldn't get into top 20.

Jan 5, 2019
GreenGoblin":b4upwjop said:
I really don't get the fascination with an ice rink. Go stand by the sun dial and ask any Plymothian what they like to do as a hobby/pastime... ice skating wouldn't get into top 20.

Yeah true always found its more of a woman & kids thing ice skating, but hey if us Plymothians aren't keen hopefully cockneys northerners & tourist will take interest in the ice rink & generate some money back to the club.

GreenGoblin":2hk8cj11 said:
I really don't get the fascination with an ice rink. Go stand by the sun dial and ask any Plymothian what they like to do as a hobby/pastime... ice skating wouldn't get into top 20.

Where did the initial proposal for a rink come from? Someone must have done research and crunched some numbers and figured it would work.

One might say they figure(d) skating.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Bermudian Green":jb666nxt said:
GreenGoblin":jb666nxt said:

Where did the initial proposal for a rink come from? Someone must have done research and crunched some numbers and figured it would work.

One might say they figure(d) skating.

Not necessarily. I understand (although may be wrong so feel free to correct me) that it was part of the deal Brent had for buying the Pavillions from the council that before he can knock it down and start again he must relocate the Ice Rink.

Hence the need for him at least to have it at HP.