• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

On GoS: HP29 - Demolition's Long Tail

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Instalment 29 of the development story: 72 photos covering this past week.

Not quite the drama of the last couple of weeks (unless you're an Archibald Leitch admirer), but sadly we can't always have drama. :lol:

Greens on Screen

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Superb as usual, but I wonder how Ginsters feels with the removal of their signs from such a prominent position and where will there signs be now?

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Never thought I'd find the story of a cable support at HP so interesting ! :oops:

Really enjoyed this set, particularly the cladding removal of the balcony, revealing the cream colour underneath and the outriggers on that section.

Thanks.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s quite unbelievable that 1) you’ve taken the time to chronicle the history of a pole, and 2) that it’s so bloody interesting!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:lol: That's a very good point.

Great photos as always chaps.

:clap:

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Not just any old pole y'know! Put it that way though, yes, it doesn't sound good does it! :crazy: :lol:

May 22, 2006
That extra layer of concrete underneath the Grandstand is very intriguing. Could that be part of the original stand?

These weekly photos are amazing - a cross between The Big Build and Time Team. However there's one question that this week's instalment doesn't answer; what became of the yellow vending machine?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Ham Green":337p2y85 said:
That extra layer of concrete underneath the Grandstand is very intriguing. Could that be part of the original stand?

That's what I thought too. It certainly looks like concrete but given the gaps between them and the slate unbroken in those gaps, are they more likely to be the post-war sleepers as suggested by the caption.

Needs inspection ;) .

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Photo 41. As suggested it would be brilliant if the Leitch balcony could be renovated and painted in its original colours and shown as a main feature in the finished grandstand.

Feb 8, 2005
I have to say that these pics are so enjoyable, especially with the running commentary explaining, asking questions, giving answers and really delving into some of Home Park's history as it goes along.

Well done.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yes they have. I think when Everton move, Argyle’s will be the only one left in England.

Rangers and Hearts have good ones.