TV Gantry, where will it go? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

TV Gantry, where will it go?

S

swendies

I sit on the halfway line , Block 11 in the back row and have done for the last 5 years. My question is, where will the gantry go when it is moved? I haven`t heard anything from the club but I understand that the TV gantry must be on the halfway line to comply with regulations so will it be placed above my head or, even worse, replace me in my seat and the others around me?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That blog also mentions the return of Plymouth limestone and the brise soleil.

I was disappointed to see their removal in the non-minor amendment so great to see that, the Plymouth limestone in particular is a very, very classy touch. Along with the facade shop refurb, that will really be a unique look.

Aug 11, 2013
I for one wil be extremely annoyed if I have to budge over for the cameras. Season ticket holders should be preferred over a bunch of strangers securing two minutes coverage for the plastics. Stick them in the corner between Devonport and Mayflower!

Aug 11, 2013
nigel harradence":aioumozj said:
They could cut out the back wall and build the gantry just outside the lyndy. That would mean the cameras are on the half way line and no need to move anyone from their seats.

If they cut out the back wall won’t they be filming the concourse beneath the stand ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The cut out will be above people's heads looking down towards the pitch.

Aug 11, 2013
IJN":2vwsryyz said:
The cut out will be above people's heads looking down towards the pitch.

Ok - I’m in row x and trying to imagine height between back row and roof! That could work - might have to mind my language then !

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sod that, it's a football fan's inalienable right to curse. They'll just have to apologise every other week.

By the way, the EFL dictate all this stuff about media, the club has zero say in it.

I did ask at the GAGWG the other day if there was any dispensation given because of the development and I was told 'no, none whatsoever'. Amazing but true.

Feb 28, 2016
IJN":1tartlvi said:
Sod that, it's a football fan's inalienable right to curse. They'll just have to apologise every other week.

By the way, the EFL dictate all this stuff about media, the club has zero say in it.

I did ask at the GAGWG the other day if there was any dispensation given because of the development and I was told 'no, none whatsoever'. Amazing but true.

If the club don’t like League rules and regulations they could always resign from it’s competitions.

If we happy to take our share of the tele money than we need to accept the conditions that the League/Tele companies place on all members.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Bit drastic.

Feb 28, 2016
Biggs":wsq5kept said:
Bit drastic.

If you want to take the pound notes, you have to meet their standards. Make a principled point by all accounts, I would support that on principle but don’t complain if you don’t comply.

Thankfully the club will comply so there isn’t any need for any drastic measures.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
MarkMatthews":1p6hdb81 said:
IJN":1p6hdb81 said:

If the club don’t like League rules and regulations they could always resign from it’s competitions.

If we happy to take our share of the tele money than we need to accept the conditions that the League/Tele companies place on all members.

WTF are you on about now? Who said the club doesn't? This is a fans website not a club one.

Feb 28, 2016
IJN":lr4ecjda said:
MarkMatthews":lr4ecjda said:
IJN":lr4ecjda said:

WTF are you on about now? Who said the club doesn't? This is a fans website not a club one.

But the club should be representative of the fan base. Rather like the Freight Rover trophy, if fans don’t like the Leagues rules and regulations then a boycott of the relevant fixtures is in order.