Plenty going on inside | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plenty going on inside

Mar 21, 2013
Great to see, seems like they’re stripping it right back to its bare bones, perfect weather to be inside.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Straight question Jerry are YOU the mole within BORA? :lol:

May 8, 2011
There isn’t much of the inside left. From the Lyndhurst you can see straight through the Grandstand.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was told ages ago that at one stage all there will be left is concrete and the steel supports.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
At one stage this morning there was a guy working near the grandstand's top tier exit, closest to the Barn Park End, who seemed to have some large piece of kit like a blow lamp. I had to make a double take as I first of all thought a fire had started out.

May 8, 2011
Quintrell_Green":2a2cdxty said:
At one stage this morning there was a guy working near the grandstand's top tier exit, closest to the Barn Park End, who seemed to have some large piece of kit like a blow lamp. I had to make a double take as I first of all thought a fire had started out.

There were men using either a blow torch or a metal grinder during the game today. They were working in the area where the plastic seats were (now gone) at each end of the grandstand.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
HC Green":bxiva47z said:
There isn’t much of the inside left. From the Lyndhurst you can see straight through the Grandstand.

I know it's probably a cash issue, but if there is nothing much left apart from the the basic steel frames and roof etc, wouldn't it have been just as easy to knock it all down and start afresh with a brand new stand?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
If you look at the Bretonside development in the centre, most of the work WAS the steel frame of it.
Plus the upper tier basically remains as is, and the support for that section plus the foundations of the original stand are intact.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Emu":2cakc9z4 said:
HC Green":2cakc9z4 said:

I know it's probably a cash issue, but if there is nothing much left apart from the the basic steel frames and roof etc, wouldn't it have been just as easy to knock it all down and start afresh with a brand new stand?

I bet that would cost another £5/£7 million Phil, you got any cash lying about? :greensmile:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
IJN":2v2bnvr4 said:
Emu":2v2bnvr4 said:
HC Green":2v2bnvr4 said:

I bet that would cost another £5/£7 million Phil, you got any cash lying about? :greensmile:

Fair enough, I should have imagined it would be something outrageous. :lol: