The Grandstand is kicking off | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Grandstand is kicking off

May 8, 2011
By the same company that is doing the Exeter City grandstand and away end development.

Dec 3, 2005
Sounds like it will be a portacabin - being built off-site and dropped into place.

Seems like they are on a tight schedule - I wonder if they have a contingency plan, when we have the Play-Offs to play, if the home game is the 2nd game they could loose probably 10 days out of their schedule.

C

CADMAN

X Isle":1nro8ia8 said:
gaspargomez":1nro8ia8 said:
The closure will affect matchday income next season I should think.
...and improve it every season thereafter.
That may depend on how popular the seven new restaurants become.

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I'm dead chuffed to have read through the thread and found out what was actually meant by "The Grandstand is kicking off". My heart sank when I saw the title because my immediate reaction was to take "kicking off" in its colloquial sense of beginning to turn into an ugly conflict. Perhaps being an Argyle fan for so long has conditioned me to always expect the worst from headlines, so I'm delighted to be surprised in a good way here. Excellent news - bring it on!!

Jan 27, 2012
X Isle":1r5u740p said:
gaspargomez":1r5u740p said:
The closure will affect matchday income next season I should think.
...and improve it every season thereafter.

Yes but in terms of being able to hang on to the better players at the end of this season, will it be a financial constraint ? Genuine question.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mark58":2ksiefre said:
I'm dead chuffed to have read through the thread and found out what was actually meant by "The Grandstand is kicking off". My heart sank when I saw the title because my immediate reaction was to take "kicking off" in its colloquial sense of beginning to turn into an ugly conflict. Perhaps being an Argyle fan for so long has conditioned me to always expect the worst from headlines, so I'm delighted to be surprised in a good way here. Excellent news - bring it on!!
It's just like the Herald's clickbait. :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
djg145":2apcqajl said:
Sounds like it will be a portacabin - being built off-site and dropped into place.

I knew someone would say it.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Iā€™m being incredibly picky here, but ever so slightly disappointed that the shop isnā€™t a purpose-built...well... building rather than a structure dropped in behind the facade. Iā€™d like to see whether the current turnstiles will act as an entry, or if thereā€™s a gap between the facade and structure.

Still a great idea though, and hoping it will still look the part.

And the main thing is that the bulk of funds go towards the actual stand :thumbup: