Completion date is August 30, 2019. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Completion date is August 30, 2019.

B

batesy65

Ottawa Green":3n1epz0w said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-brent-work-plymouth-argyles-1879525
Looking forward to the day already.COYG :thumbs:

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Great news that there's a target date and that the Grandstand should be open for most of next season.

Going to make selling season tickets for next season tricky - guessing no season tickets will be available for the Grandstand. Possibly half-season ones from Christmas onwards.

Jul 21, 2013
Presumably all season tickets will be sold for the horseshoe as this season was, then when competition is reached people will have the option to move their season ticket seats into the grandstand.

Hopefully those who were originally in the grandstand before the development and have had to move will get first pickings with the new seats.

Feb 8, 2005
FourMarksGreen":2xeqoxhm said:
Great news that there's a target date and that the Grandstand should be open for most of next season.

Going to make selling season tickets for next season tricky - guessing no season tickets will be available for the Grandstand. Possibly half-season ones from Christmas onwards.

The season starts in August, and I expect that the grandstand will be open at the start of the season, as per normal.

The date of Aug 31st 2019 should not have to be extended, but if it does I don't expect it to affect the opening of the grandstand.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Hopefully those of us who had to move will be given first choice to go back, and if it's not ready in time we can have temp allocated seats within the horseshoe until it is.

Only makes sense, bit of an admin burden for the staff though.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Maybe the club will request the first two or three (?) fixtures are away. Think there have been precedents for this. Liverpool being one.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
cheshiregreen":i5wvwnyl said:
Maybe the club will request the first two or three (?) fixtures are away. Think there have been precedents for this. Liverpool being one.

Spurs being the current one!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Argylegames":nq0700yc said:
cheshiregreen":nq0700yc said:

Spurs being the current one!
Spurs situation is entirely different. They've not asked to reverse their early fixtures as Wembley is still their designated home ground for the time being.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

jimsing":1wa24f7j said:
FourMarksGreen":1wa24f7j said:

The season starts in August, and I expect that the grandstand will be open at the start of the season, as per normal.

The date of Aug 31st 2019 should not have to be extended, but if it does I don't expect it to affect the opening of the grandstand.

I've read that four or five times - it makes less sense every time I read it. :lol:

Feb 8, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":2u1a1mf9 said:
jimsing":2u1a1mf9 said:
FourMarksGreen":2u1a1mf9 said:

I've read that four or five times - it makes less sense every time I read it. :lol:

The Club cannot afford to lose the use of the grandstand for seating at the start of the season, and I am sure that this will remain a priority for the Club, and if the date is extended, then it will be because of other areas of the grandstand that will not be completed in time.

Is that any easier for you to understand!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

jimsing":3e9mui2l said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3e9mui2l said:
jimsing":3e9mui2l said:
FourMarksGreen":3e9mui2l said:

The Club cannot afford to lose the use of the grandstand for seating at the start of the season, and I am sure that this will remain a priority for the Club, and if the date is extended, then it will be because of other areas of the grandstand that will not be completed in time.

Is that any easier for you to understand!

Well it reads coherently this time, so yes!

Interesting that you think the club will prioritise seating over the corporate areas.

It'd just be nice for work to actually commence. Getting the whole shebang done in a touch over 12 months seems a bit of a fantasy timetable at the minute.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Watford’s Elton John stand was built by GL Events and took almost exactly a year, from what I can see. Demolition starting in November 2013 and the stand opening in December 2014.

I don’t know if it takes more or less time when you’re redeveloping an old stand, rather than building an entirely new one.

Timelapse here https://youtu.be/EQmv-ZWXpyI