Top Scorer?? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Top Scorer??

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Just had a quick at the odds for tournament top scorer. This is an interesting one as it's often someone who bags a lot in the group stages rather than a superstar. So Messi (10-1), Neymar (12_1), Griezman (16-1), Ronaldo (16-1) really not good value IMO and call me a pessimitic old git but definitely not Harry Kane at 16-1 ......the same as Griezman REALLY ???

I can imagine Belgium thumping Panama and Tunisia (and maybe England :whistle: ) so a 'flat-track bully' like Lukaku could be a good shout at 20-1 or if you want a good outsider (as Lukaku is struggling with injury) then Benteke at 100-1 could be worth a few quid. Another under-rated goal scorer in a top side is Giroud - good value at 40-1 I reckon or better still Lacazette at 66-1.......I can't see Peru, Australia or Denmark putting up much resistance.

Thoughts?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/wo ... goalscorer

A

andyr1963

Ave_IT":1qdzlbxf said:
Just had a quick at the odds for tournament top scorer. This is an interesting one as it's often someone who bags a lot in the group stages rather than a superstar. So Messi (10-1), Neymar (12_1), Griezman (16-1), Ronaldo (16-1) really not good value IMO and call me a pessimitic old git but definitely not Harry Kane at 16-1 ......the same as Griezman REALLY ???

I can imagine Belgium thumping Panama and Tunisia (and maybe England :whistle: ) so a 'flat-track bully' like Lukaku could be a good shout at 20-1 or if you want a good outsider (as Lukaku is struggling with injury) then Benteke at 100-1 could be worth a few quid. Another under-rated goal scorer in a top side is Giroud - good value at 40-1 I reckon or better still Lacazette at 66-1.......I can't see Peru, Australia or Denmark putting up much resistance.

Thoughts?

I can see Denmark having a good World Cup. Think they have a good opportunity to get out of group beating both Australia and Peru. Have a look to find out who is the top goal scorer in Uefa World Cup qualifying with NINE goals Bet fair currently have him at 160 / 1 most bookies have him at 100 /1
Has to be worth a small punt for Top 4 Goalscorer ;)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
andyr1963":3509m16f said:
Ave_IT":3509m16f said:

Thoughts?

I can see Denmark having a good World Cup. Think they have a good opportunity to get out of group beating both Australia and Peru. Have a look to find out who is the top goal scorer in Uefa World Cup qualifying with NINE goals Bet fair currently have him at 160 / 1 most bookies have him at 100 /1
Good shout - I assume you mean Eriksen? Great price for a quality player. But they were runners up in an easy-ish group to Poland and according to this Lewandowski was top scorer in qualification with 16 goals (he's 35-1). Still reckon Lukaku (if he gets over his injury) - he's in a really good team that could go a long way and with easy group games. IF he is injured then lob a few quid on Benteke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/wo ... op-scorers

Sep 13, 2003
Ave_IT":1x90dae1 said:
andyr1963":1x90dae1 said:
Ave_IT":1x90dae1 said:

Thoughts?

Good shout - I assume you mean Eriksen? Great price for a quality player. But they were runners up in an easy-ish group to Poland and according to this Lewandowski was top scorer in qualification with 16 goals (he's 35-1). Still reckon Lukaku (if he gets over his injury) - he's in a really good team that could go a long way and with easy group games. IF he is injured then lob a few quid on Benteke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/wo ... op-scorers

Benteke! Hahahahaha.
He couldn't even win the golden boot of South London, never mind the world. Good luck with that bet !

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Emu":xbh444k8 said:
Benteke? Are you winding us up Ave It? ;)
Yes …….. Of course I’m winding you up – you didn’t think I was serious did you? Pah!

No! No! ….. I won’t be bullied!! – Seriously …… think about it………if Lukaku is injured he will probably be playing for one of the best teams in the tournament with the likes of De Bruyne & Hazard and PSG’s Meunier behind him and Mertens alongside - up against two of the weakest teams in the whole tournament. I’d fancy my chances of scoring one off my ear-hole in that situation. He has scored 12 goals in 32 games for Belgium (I just checked). I Know he’s been a lump of lard that couldn’t hit a cow’s ‘arris with a banjo this season but he is very much a ‘confidence’ player that on his day is a beast. Remember how much Liverpool paid for him ? £32.5 miliion!! :funny:

If he does get a start or even comes on against Tunisia & Panama he could bag a few then be the surprise package of the tournament. You heard it here first!!

OK OK ……. I’ll get me coat.
:coat:

A

andyr1963

Ave_IT":2xcetg7c said:
Emu":2xcetg7c said:
Benteke? Are you winding us up Ave It? ;)
Yes …….. Of course I’m winding you up – you didn’t think I was serious did you? Pah!

No! No! ….. I won’t be bullied!! – Seriously …… think about it………if Lukaku is injured he will probably be playing for one of the best teams in the tournament with the likes of De Bruyne & Hazard and PSG’s Meunier behind him and Mertens alongside - up against two of the weakest teams in the whole tournament. I’d fancy my chances of scoring one off my ear-hole in that situation. He has scored 12 goals in 32 games for Belgium (I just checked). I Know he’s been a lump of lard that couldn’t hit a cow’s ‘arris with a banjo this season but he is very much a ‘confidence’ player that on his day is a beast. Remember how much Liverpool paid for him ? £32.5 miliion!! :funny:

If he does get a start or even comes on against Tunisia & Panama he could bag a few then be the surprise package of the tournament. You heard it here first!!

OK OK ……. I’ll get me coat.
:coat:

With Benteke you have a valid argument, there is a good striker in there, just not seen him recently, IF and it is as always a big IF Martinez can motivate / inspire him then he is a contender. Having said that Martinez could be the weakest link in the Belgium set up. In which case Benteke may not even register.

Jun 24, 2008
Gotta be a German surely?

Leroy Sane is a good shout for sure but quite a wide player. It's gotta go to an old head though.. I reckon Mario Gomez! My money would be Miroslav Klose, that guy could win the golden boot retired or not. Incredible tournament player!

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Mbappe is strangely long odds. Is there a France win mbappe top scorer? Don't bet much so don't know if you have to ask somewhere or that is offered.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
For England? Probably Kane

For anyone? Difficult but probably not a "star". I'd say somebody for Germany probably because I can see them getting to the final. I think Lukaku will probably bag a few as well (if fit?)

I think I'll say Muller.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
No Morata in the Spain squad...

Not sure they have anyone on their squad who will end up winning the Golden Boot. Vasquez, Costa, Aspas? Imagine their goals will be shared around with lots coming from MF (Isco, Asensio etc).