✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Off for a season long loan at Rotherham in the Championship. I shall watch with interest as I think he has the making of a very good centre back.

Plymouth Live

Aug 3, 2017
This is that awkward bit in his development. He’s at a Championship team where he has more chance of playing than at his parent club, but will he make the first team cut for Rotherham.

He has talent, no doubt. He could be a good player in that division. Finger crossed he has a good season cause let’s face it, you want clubs thinking ‘when we send our young talent on loan to Plymouth they come back a better product’. Just so we keep getting loan opportunities for good youth.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think a L1 loan would have suited him better tbh. Not necessarily at our club but he’s pretty much a starter for many L1 clubs. Rotherham will be a better test but compare that with a slow start and running the risk of tougher competition may not get him all the game time he requires.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Good move for Zak , highly likely that City will have an option to recall him in January , then , if he is doing well , they may give him game time in the second half of the season , or if he isn't playing regularly or struggling at that level they may loan him to a club from League One .

Aug 5, 2015
Interesting that BC have allowed him to go on loan to another Championship team. Part of his development or a sigh they don’t rate him?

Aug 5, 2016
Kentishgreen":tvuluhnx said:
Interesting that BC have allowed him to go on loan to another Championship team. Part of his development or a sigh they don’t rate him?

If Torquay loan Mike Cooper, does that mean Argyle don't rate him?

Aug 5, 2015
I don’t know. Have we given him a three year contract? Torquay are 3 divisions below us whereas Vyner been loaned to a Championship club to another Championship club. Hardly comparable.

Aug 5, 2016
I see what you mean now. However if Bristol City have two better CBs, can't guarantee Vyner pitch time but another club at that level can, they can let that other club loan him and track his progress.

I think we'd do the same with Cooper if he gets into the England U21 side, but we had options that were two or three years ahead of his progress. If a team like Wycombe came along and we offered to cover his wages for a season, would that not be a win win situation?

They get a free keeper for a year, and our young talent gets 12 months competitive experience that we can't guarantee.