Ryan Dickson | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Dickson

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I read in the WMNs that Yeovil have passed up the opportunity to renew a contract for RD. I wonder if he could do a job for Argyle in view of his versatility. When he left Argyle having come through the ranks and then been released it was generally felt he was very unlucky. Is age against him now, perhaps?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
PASOTI has always had a weird obsession with signing former players. We should not be signing players released by Yeovil. So it’s a big fat no from me.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":lc1cbtqf said:
I read in the WMNs that Yeovil have passed up the opportunity to renew a contract for RD. I wonder if he could do a job for Argyle in view of his versatility. When he left Argyle having come through the ranks and then been released it was generally felt he was very unlucky. Is age against him now, perhaps?

The part where he got released by Yeovil who saw him play all last season should be the end of that.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Nobby":1vyhyoox said:
PASOTI has always had a weird obsession with signing former players. We should not be signing players released by Yeovil. So it’s a big fat no from me.

Unless this relates to Dan Gosling, Conor Hourihane or a small selection of others, i can't see that re-signing anyone would be of benefit to the team.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
If you were a manager you would not sign/consider any players released from a club lower than yourselves?

1: Are they good enough to play for us?
2: Do we need what they have got?
3: Are they the right age/price/wage?
4: Their fitness? Their form?
5: Would they leave the coughing sparrows of T'North for the choughing choughs of the SW?

6: I'm sure there are lots of other criteria but just saying: Oh they played for Yeovil and got released is not a valid judgement criteria …. imho!! ;)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":1rao7ueb said:
Quintrell_Green":1rao7ueb said:

The part where he got released by Yeovil who saw him play all last season should be the end of that.

Way, the Yeovil manager stated he was being released at the end of his contract as he was one of the highest paid players at the Club and they could ill afford to continue payment at that level. He was a very sound player for Southend.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I remember watching him in a reserve game just before he was released by us. Was captain, played cm rather than lb. Young guy, left footed, strong on the ball, good passer, totally ran that game.
I never got it tbh? why not keep him? :think: