Neil Warnock | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Neil Warnock

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Wins a record-breaking eighth promotion by taking Cardiff City into the Premier League.

:nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He certainly has what it takes to get a team promoted no matter what League his team is in. He generates great team spirit and has excellent man management skills. There was a good article about him in Saturday;s Sport supplement of The Times. It showed him drinking champagne from the bottle in the dressing room at Wembley
after Argyle's win versus Darlo . The journalist had interviewed Ronnie Mauge and reminded me that Ronnie actually lived with NW after his release from prison and he used to iron NW's shirts. They are still in frequent telephone contact.

Just to put some balance to NW's success today, I should highlight what a poster wrote yesterday in stating the massive trading losses of Cardiff F C in getting to this point. The big lump sum grant from the Premier League will help balance the books, but at the same time NW will need to try to get THe Bluebirds to emulate the likes of Burnley and stay there. Not quite as simple as achieving promotion, I would guess. Nevertheless, if he had managed Argyle into winning promotion into The Premiership today, we would be over the moon and next season would look after itself. Put the flags out in Stoke Climsland

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Good piece about him in the Telegraph Sport section on Saturday too, including a team picture of Argyle at Wembley. During the interview Warnock told the reporter that he gauged the mood at Cardiff by trawling through supporters' message boards. If all managers do that I hope to God that Derek Adams does not decide to leave - one look at the Gillingham match day thread (after we finished seventh in the first season after promotion) and any sensible prospective manager would run for the hills.