Neil Hague | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Neil Hague

Oct 20, 2015
Alright, can any of our elder statesman tell me about Neil Hague? Reason I ask is that a friend of a friend knows him but his time was a little before my first game (and in fact my first birthday).

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Remember him well.

Equally at home as a striker or a centre back. Probably played mainly as defender for us but got quite few goals for us.

Oct 20, 2015
Ah! GoS, should have checked there first. Something of a club legend then, if he managed PotY. I'll pass him my best wishes and your compliments! Thanks gents

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I can remember him playing as a defender but I must admit my memory of him as a striker is very weak. I recall him being useful attacking with his head at corners and I wonder how many of his goals came from that play.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Good player who featured in our team that got to the semi finals of the League Cup before losing to Man City in 1973/74 but I think he had a falling out with Tony Waiters following a 5-2 away defeat at Wrexham in April 1974 which was his last game for us. He was moved on fairly soon after before the 1974/75 promotion season.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
One of Andy Riddle's 101 Golden Greats.

Remember him as an early 'modern' player if you know what I mean. Comfortable on the ball, looked around, came forward into space, good passer etc. Probably because he was an 'all-rounder'.

Good player tho' Touch of class! :nworthy:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
pilgrimage":1iuxgy7w said:
If I remember rightly be played for Rotherham against us and we signed him while we were up there.
His last game for the Millers was as sub in a 4-3 home win over Argyle. He made his debut for us a fortnight later. Argyle were managed at that time by Ellis Stuttard. His opposite number at Rotherham was Jim McAnearney who had been very successful as a player at Home Park during Stuttard's first spell as Argyle manager in the early 60s. A year before Jim had sold Jim Furnell to Argyle and encouraged interest in Hague. McAnearney had taken over from Tommy Docherty in November 1968. In 2011 he told me that the wage bill he inherited from Docherty was unsustainable at Millmoor and the directors had told him to reduce it. "I was still doing that when Neil went. He was a good lad and I was sorry to see him go but if we had a decent offer in them days the Board took it and we signed someone who we could pay less."