Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 26, 2006
pearces greens":1rv3jlft said:
Sat in the stand counting his money

Donā€™t wind yourself up or youā€™ll be in trouble :)

Lev Yashin

šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
You gets your money and takes your chances :funny: :whistle:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
mervyn":d95dzp21 said:
Why the schadenfreude? He did a great job for us and moved for family reasons. Pathetic posts.

Nobody doubts that, however he was on the scrap heap struggling for a club when we came along and gave him a life line to help him and his family. He played well for us which coincided with an upturn in the whole teams performances and then he moved on as soon as he could. It would be rather ironic if he was not able to get back in their team that he would have made a bad decision for himself and his family.

He was largely credited for our upturn in form, but itā€™s since been shown that it wasnā€™t all down to him. He could have been a legend here, but left for short term gain.

Feb 23, 2008
The short term gain not being having to travel hundreds of miles to see his family, working under a manager he knows, more money and closer to home?

Maybe he'd come back and move them down here for a decent length contract if it doesn't work out at Fleetwood but I'm not sure how anyone can criticise the bloke for moving for more money and less travelling.

Oct 14, 2015
Haven't we discussed the apparent reasons for his move numerous times, the rights the wrongs, contracts, money, he was on the scrap heap etc etc. How we'd drop like a stone once he left us for Fleetwood. Don't really need to go over old ground do we? He's gone, great while he was here, we're doing fine without him. I wish him luck but if we are to continue to creat threads about him then possibly under Argyle Ex Players.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
chunkymonkey78":3f17e9pp said:
The short term gain not being having to travel hundreds of miles to see his family, working under a manager he knows, more money and closer to home?

Maybe he'd come back and move them down here for a decent length contract if it doesn't work out at Fleetwood but I'm not sure how anyone can criticise the bloke for moving for more money and less travelling.

Iā€™m not criticising him for going at all. Iā€™m pointing out that as football is such a fickle business he is no longer working under a manager he knows, out of the squad for the latest match and could well end up where we found him with no club again in a couple of years. Career wise if he had stayed with us he could well have been integral part of a team going somewhere with a longer contract.

Your shelf life as a footballer is short so of course you chase the money, however if this move goes completely mammaries up he may well be less well off by making this move. All ifs, buts and maybes from me, but just my thoughts on it. I wonder whether he regrets the move right now?