Blisset | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Blisset

Jan 27, 2012
I think he's a useful weapon to have available- particularly off the bench. He's not Lionel Messi but he has his strengths and unsettles defenders. PS- why is Blissett on an 'old boys' thread ? Isn't he still an Argyle player who is out on loan ?

Jan 30, 2017
gaspargomez":32b9xxz8 said:
I think he's a useful weapon to have available- particularly off the bench. He's not Lionel Messi but he has his strengths and unsettles defenders. PS- why is Blissett on an 'old boys' thread ? Isn't he still an Argyle player who is out on loan ?

His loan is until the end of the season with no recall option and his contract here expires in June. For all intents and purposes he is a free agent.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Green90":m2g5lwk4 said:
gaspargomez":m2g5lwk4 said:

His loan is until the end of the season with no recall option and his contract here expires in June. For all intents and purposes he is a free agent.
Recall options don't exist outside of transfer windows.

R

robinsonm87

Be good in conference level. Not the standard we should be looking for to push us on

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am a bit disappointed with him as I felt that DA and CB could have hopefully made a better player out of him by intensive coaching. He has Jimmy Hinch's build, but not the same attacking physical spirit.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":1x5ejwvm said:
I am a bit disappointed with him as I felt that DA and CB could have hopefully made a better player out of him by intensive coaching. He has Jimmy Hinch's build, but not the same attacking physical spirit.

I think you might have something there QG.
Hinch was criticised by many (not me!) but he had a presence and the opposition knew he was there!
Blisset sometimes seemed like a small player in a big man's body! Wonder if he needed more psychological training than the physical side? You know like 'Assertiveness'? :think:

Nov 9, 2008
Saw him play a reserve game at Coach Road earlier in the season. Wotton was constantly calling to him regarding positioning etc. He isn't a player for the level we're at.

Nov 18, 2011
I get the feeling that Adams saw him as a project. He has all the physical attributes and so if the footballing side could have been coached into him we'd have the lower league Drogba on our hands, of course it's not quite worked out like that!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Joe Totale":3f535cuk said:
I get the feeling that Adams saw him as a project. He has all the physical attributes and so if the footballing side could have been coached into him we'd have the lower league Drogba on our hands, of course it's not quite worked out like that!

I can see where you are coming from, but sadly you cannot coach the physical aggression and snarl of Drogba unless it is in the genes IMHO

Aug 5, 2016
Joe Totale":3r34x0zq said:

I completely agree, same with David Ijaha too and looking for a raw non-league Michael Essien.

With Blissett, professional coaching obviously couldn't develop a decent first touch and the ability to finish a chance. But if he did, he could have been a real problem for opposition defences.

The first touch and clever intricate play of Ryan Taylor is clearly hard to find and expensive to afford at our level.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Knibbsworth":1zuq67h8 said:
Joe Totale":1zuq67h8 said:

I completely agree, same with David Ijaha too and looking for a raw non-league Michael Essien.

With Blissett, professional coaching obviously couldn't develop a decent first touch and the ability to finish a chance. But if he did, he could have been a real problem for opposition defences.

The first touch and clever intricate play of Ryan Taylor is clearly hard to find and expensive to afford at our level.

Why I am even more stunned that we got Ryan on a free/cancelled contract. Lad is a class act and there were other teams from the same level looking for him.

Feel sorry for Blisset in a sense, but as others have said there are some attributes that you quite simply cannot coach into a player. DA took a punt and it didn't pay off, given how little the transfer fee for Blisset was thankfully it won't have a massive impact on our budget.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Macc have reportedly the lowest budget in their League.

Assume that we are still picking up most or all of his wages while he is on loan.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
The lad scored two vital goals last year when his ā€œsubtleā€ approach rescued some points against Crewe and Wycombe.

Didnā€™t work out; but he contributed.

Jan 27, 2012
Joe Totale":3pxvw3o7 said:

I suspect Adams signed him before he knew that Taylor was available. Blissett was probably seen as an affordable opition within our modest budget. But with the funds from the Liverpool game, Adams was able to buy an immediate 'upgrade' (Taylor) before Blissett had any time to establish himself here.