Middlesbrough appoint Pulis | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Middlesbrough appoint Pulis

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Well, I never. I wonder whether he had time to 'sign-on' at the West Bromwich Labour Exchange? He will be OK there, but I really feel sorry for his immediate predecessor, who neither failed at Leeds, nor, Middlesborough, yet their Boards were impatient. How the 'Borough could be unhappy at this stage of the season with their club in 8th position, I fail to understand. I thought more of the Chairman at Middlesborough to be honest. I hope Monk makes himself a rich man from his compensation package and that he finds himself a club, where the Board are a bit more realistic in how to run a professional football club.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
He had one of the biggest budgets in the league, spent a huge amount of money and had a pretty good squad before all of that. Talk to Middlesbrough fans, ask them what they think and the majority would agree it was the right decision. In fact, I've not seen a single one that disagrees with it yet. They should have been right up at the top of the league, but they're about 20 points behind. Monk failed.

May 22, 2006
Well, they'll get results but they can forget about entertainment value for the next few years.
Ultimately though, which do you prefer?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sacked Monk because of the style of football and appoint Pulis?

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Quintrell_Green":2kqju0zw said:
Well, I never. I wonder whether he had time to 'sign-on' at the West Bromwich Labour Exchange? He will be OK there, but I really feel sorry for his immediate predecessor, who neither failed at Leeds, nor, Middlesborough, yet their Boards were impatient. How the 'Borough could be unhappy at this stage of the season with their club in 8th position, I fail to understand. I thought more of the Chairman at Middlesborough to be honest. I hope Monk makes himself a rich man from his compensation package and that he finds himself a club, where the Board are a bit more realistic in how to run a professional football club.

From memory, didn't Monk walk out of Leeds? Didn't think he was sacked.

One of my best mates is a Boro fan who said the football was awful but it was under Karanka too, Pulis certainly won't revolutionise that. They spent £15m on Assombalonga in the summer, he isn't exactly a Pulis style forward.

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Pulis out at WBA and Pardew in.
WBA will be relegated almost guaranteed.
Middlesbrough a good bet to get promoted .
Which set of supporters will be the happier come May. :banghead: :funny:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pogleswoody":i5uwcq00 said:
Tugboat":i5uwcq00 said:
Sacked Monk because of the style of football and appoint Pulis?

Well ... they won't get relegated anytime soon!! :facepalm:

Same with Monk.