Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bradley Wright-Phillips
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:11 am 

In case anyone missed him, I'm exciled over in NYC and saw him play today... top scorer for the NY Red Bulls.

Had a decent game, scored again despite losing.

MLS is all a bit depressing though. Drinking terrible beer and eating popcorn at a match just doesn't feel right.

I'd attach a pic if I knew how.

Post subject: Re: Bradley Wright-Phillips
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:16 pm 

I live in Chicago and go to more Argyle games a season that I do Chicago Fire games.

It's thoroughly depressing and rather than scratch the itch of live football, it just causes me to miss the real thing even more.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:01 am 

That's really well put... exactly how I feel! I'm now more eager to head home to get my fix than ever.

While I wish it the best and I suspect it'll continue to grow, I've avoided live MLS for 14 years... seems like for good reason.

Coincidently, they lost to Chicago, but not that either of us, or thousands of others there, seemed to care.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:46 am 

Portland here. Think i go to 1 Timber game a year. When Liam Ridgewell is your captain it pretty much tells you the state of the league. Portland has 15,000 people on the waiting list for season tickets so its not going to go away.

Did actually watch Bradley Wright-Philips play 2 years for the Red Bulls in Portland

Heading back next month and hoping to catch a play-off game

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:29 am 

I hear for atmosphere at least, Portland is the place to be watching games.

All due respect to the smallish number of Red Bull “ultras” (as they call themselves), they made some good noise all game, but it still seemed contrived.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 pm 

There was an interview with BWP and Ian Wright on Sky in the week. Both mentioned Argyle and BWP suggested that he was losing his way as a pro until he came to Argyle and it really made him focus on his game. He's done fantastically well in the MLS and his dad was very proud.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:39 pm 

Big Green Apple wrote:
I hear for atmosphere at least, Portland is the place to be watching games.

All due respect to the smallish number of Red Bull “ultras” (as they call themselves), they made some good noise all game, but it still seemed contrived.

Total brilliant atmosphere and the fans are hardcore. It feels like a old English stadium in that its very intimate. The ground is below street level so the noise is loud. There expanding and adding 4,000 seats at a cost of 60 million dollars which is crazy when you think of it.

If you ever plan to come out this way to watch a match my house is open to stay mate!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:52 am 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43879501 best player ever in MLS?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:38 pm 
Site Admin, Player Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #2 18/19

Scored again today

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am 

Peter wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43879501 best player ever in MLS?

Earning £1.1million/year!

No wonder Rooney is off there!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:16 pm 

scored again tonight his 15th goal in 23 games that he has played for NYRB this season.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:52 am 

Ottawa Green wrote:
scored again tonight his 15th goal in 23 games that he has played for NYRB this season.

I was at the game. FC Dallas were awful only one player from both sides stood out and he was called Florian Valot of New York Red Bulls. BWP looked a bit overweight and not that interested, he scored from about a foot out, just a tap in.
Tomorrow I’m off to see New York City v Toronto.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:43 pm 

Another goal yesterday his 20th of the season in 30 games.